+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Bad Experiences Thread, NS Optimum in Purchasing and Trading; Originally Posted by NS_Optimum_Ltd Hi, All components will be Intel based the same as RM so the machines should be ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NS_Optimum_Ltd View Post
    Hi,

All components will be Intel based the same as RM so the machines should be no different if spec'd the same.
    Maybe, but funnily enough we've never had a problem with RM machines. So unless by some remote possibility this is all a coincidence that it is only affecting our NS Optimum computers, then what you are saying is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NS_Optimum_Ltd View Post
    With regards to the OS, All PC's should be supplied with Vista Business/Home and if XP is required then this is a downgrade. NS Optimum will supply the machines with this downgrade pre-loaded onto the machine or we can even take a copy of your school network image and build the image up on all PC's when ordered before dispatch so you are ready to go when they arrive.
    This wasn't given to us as an option when we ordered the PCs and even though we did request XP to be installed they arrived with Vista installed.

Thank Post
    They won't stop phoning and emailing us, plus we have had two of their computers motherboards die, not very old!

Thank Post
    These people are useless.

I started getting emails and phone calls from them back in November, and at the time I was looking for some kit, so I figured what the hey, I'll give them a shot. I sent them a list of items I wanted, which was in brief a mobile ICT suite of 16 laptops (which I specified minimum spec for processor model, minimum memory and OS asking for a 15" and 17" option), a UST projector of a specific type that I gave model number of, a standard box of Adobe software, and an Apple PC.

The response I got back was instantly offering the cheapest intel heap of junk they offered, with the line
    For the Laptops I would recommend the Core i3’s I sent to you on the original email as they are Toshiba we sell 1000’s of them every year only to schools so we know the robustness of them personally rather than going by word of mouth or reviews which can bend the through a bit,
    I have some of that line. They are about as robust as wet paper, and volume sold is not a mark of quality.

Then they tried to sell me a new wireless network.
    Then told me
    17” Laptops are also a pain to get at a cheaper price at the moment and you can end up paying 500 - 600 each!
    I dont want vague prices pulled out the ether, I want ACTUAL PRICES.

Then they offered to install + cable the projector I asked for (without quoting me for the projector), and because I asked for ONE apple mac, they tried to sell me an ENTIRE APPLE SUITE, again not offering a single quote.

My response was within a day of this, and against my better judgement, I decided to give them another chance, and gave a lengthy list of why I wanted quotes on what I'd actually asked for.

A week later, not a single word back from them, I hadn't had a single quote come through, so I hunted down the email address of their generic sales and accounts, and sent them the following:

This is now 1 week on from when I sent the email request, and I have not had a SINGLE quoted item price sent in that timeframe.
    This is frankly appalling service, especially as it was you who contacted me interested in my business.

This is to inform you that you can now ignore the quote request, as I will not be ordering from you at this time or any time in the near future.
    We cannot wait for this amount of time without correspondence or quotes, and no other supplier in the past have I ever had to wait this length of time. Also, when I send a quote I do not appreciate or require huge assumptions on other equipment/services vaguely related that you are trying to sell, or need my requests second guessed as to other equipment.

I am sorry that I have to send such a strongly worded email, but I am not happy with this service, and hope that you can use this feedback to improve services for others in the future.
    Within about 3 minutes, I had the head of sales on the phone to me apologising, and offering to send me all the quotes I wanted within the hour. I declined, pointing out I'd had to send in the quotes days earlier for approval, which was kinda the point.

I then recieved at least one phone call and email a week for 4-5 months from this company, and appear to have had 3 seperate account managers attempt to contact me in that time via email, and probably a different 3 or 4 via the phone. March time, they stopped emailing me, only to start again in June, and picked up where they left off with ANOTHER name on the email, and yet another one in the last 2 weeks, and this week have had reception refuse 2 phone calls in 2 days from them.

I don't care if they offer to pay me to take their equipment at this point, I do not want the business and will not be giving you any of mine, period.

Thank Post
    Hi All
    I began to deal with this company at the beginning of this year. Spent around 45000 + on laptops and a wireless system. They also promised two engineer days to set the laptops up. The engineer who set up the wireless made a right mess, drilling holes in the walls without covering anything up etc which left brick dust all over out computer banks. The engineer who set up the laptops went out for a fag break every 15 minutes and although he seemed technically competent, it ended up with me having to solve wireless access issues that they came across while trying to set the system up. It was basically pointless him being there and in the end I ended up doing 90% of the work myself. Although I complained about this, all I got was a 'Sorry' and 'We hope it won't stop you from using us in the future.' Although they did a wireless survey before the install they missed a couple os spots and I've had to get them back in to install two more access points. On the day of the extra install they were over two hours late, despite me telling them how important it was they were here for a certain time as I had to be somewhere else. Theyt didnt have time to properly test the points so we've had access problems in that area ever since. Called them back and they promised they would be here for 9am. It's now 90 minutes later and no engineer, no phone call with an update to where he may be. No answer to my emails or phonecalls. Conveniantly, the guy that arranged it is suddenly unavailable. In between all of this they had to come out to replace or diagnose the odd laptop that we purchased from them. They were ALWAYS late by at least 2 hours. Not once did I get a call to apologise or let me know that they were delayed. Their communication is appalling, unless you're buying something from them. What make it worse, is that you get a constant barrage of sales emails from them. I'm sitting here still waiting to come and sort out this access issue and after that, I hope I nevere have to deal with them again. Hell will freeze over before I make that mistake again, after spending 45000 for a first order, you'd think they's make a bit more of an effort, especially when they know I'm the I.T manager for 5 other school sites in the Midlands. You'd think they would try to impress to get the extra business. My advice...AVOID them like the plague!!
    Last edited by Itman77; 3rd December 2012 at 10:38 AM.

Thank Post
    I have spoken to this company 5 times in the last year and on every occasion I have strongly (and I mean strongly) warned them not to ring us ever again, but guess what just got a call again today could hear the operator chatting away to the rest of the sales team despite me saying hello numerous times, I was quite looking forward to giving them some strong warnings again..

Thank Post
    Sorry to bump an old post but thought I may make a few of you smile. I use stone 99% of the time but thought I would give NS the chance of quoting on some hardware after I met them at BETT but Stone blew their quote away without even knowing they were competing but that's not my story for today...

So anyway I get a call from them touting business earlier today and I mention we are on the lookout for a handful of laptops. He proudly told me in a tone of voice to make it sound like offer of the year "I can get you an i3 HP laptop for only 360!..... I was stunned and asked if that included VAT but apparently not!
    I have been looking at some Lenovo i3 at around 280 or some others around 320! This guy must think all schools are bloody stupid if they think they can charge more than if you walked in to PC world off the street one day!

Thank Post
    We've had a couple of interesting/amusing/slightly disturbing answer-phone messages in the last few weeks, and having checked the number it's these chaps. It's an interesting new sales technique, I'll give them that.

Thank Post
    Unfortunately they are not at the BETT show this year by the look of always fun watching them because they have similar sales techniques in person

rad
    Thank Post
    like sending you quotes you didnt ask for.... go a free mug from them though (woopee do)

Thank Post
    I found a good way of getting rid of them a while back - asked for some testimonials from previous customers.

Heard scarcely a word from them since!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789