+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Bad Experiences Thread, NS Optimum in Purchasing and Trading; lol god I love this site, it really does make you aware of the power of forum networking and thank ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    lol god I love this site,
    it really does make you aware of the power of forum networking and thank god we as a company dont use tactics like these guy's its one phone call to introduce ourselfs and email contact with permission or msn with permission and no emarketing just plain simple savings and courtesy ,

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sadly I've had bad experiences with companies that others would swear by and vice versa NS does have a bad reputation on these boards though. I've had problems with them in the past but in the most part they've been fine. The cold calling is a real turn off I'm loathe to order from cold callers thankfully I only get the occasional emails these days from NS. Most others I've said they can call once a month as sometimes I do forget about suppliers and as we now need 4 quotes from everything over a certain value I need all the help I can get to jog my memory . Wish others had had better experiences with NS but it's too late now .

Wes

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    We had to threaten this outfit with legal action unless they stopped their salespeople from phoning us up all the time trying to sell us stuff we didn't want.

Glad we didn't buy anything from them if what you've told us about their products and customer service is an adequate description.
    Same here - despite us frequently telling them we would never buy from them again and want to be removed from their sales lists - without fail every 6 months we get a call from another "new" salesperson...

how they are still trading is a mystery to me...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,117 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Guess who I had an email from this morning ... Grace!!!!

Another phone call is needed and I am going to check where I stand about putting a county-wide block on email from a particular company. I think a test case about abusive companies may be needed.

Thank Post
    Ditto, i've rang up and asked in a very nice manner to be removed... We'll see. If we're not removed then the current quotes and projects we have going with them will be re-tendered to other companies.

Thank Post
    Yup - got one too - how on EARTH can these people think this is good practice?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kennysarmy View Post
    Same here - despite us frequently telling them we would never buy from them again and want to be removed from their sales lists - without fail every 6 months we get a call from another "new" salesperson...

how they are still trading is a mystery to me...
    Just had this same discussion with our receptionist who's getting fed up with fending them off now. They ring three times a day sometimes !!!

We've told them we'll NEVER order anything from them again after they virtually stole from us a few years back. They charged us for products that were never delivered, didn't honour warranties, 'forgot' to deliver software we paid for and then didn't bother doing anything about it. It's funny how they don't get back to you when you're chasing them but every other moment they spam us relentlessly.

LEAVE US ALONE!!

HBJB
    Last edited by Heebeejeebee; 23rd May 2008 at 10:44 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,117 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have managed to get hold of someone further up the chain and resolved a number of issues for us. They are going to work on a number of things internally to ensure that this gets sorted too.

Firstly, if you do want to unsubscribe from their emails then use the unsubscribe page on the website. It is going to be tested on a few different platforms to ensure that there is not a bug stopped the request being logged. Make a note of the time and date you unsubscribed if possible.

Secondly, if you email back directly to the email requesting a wish to unsubscribe they will do so.

The issue with the above two is that sometimes people are receiving emails that are aliases ... making it difficult to unsubscribe them.

If you do receive a phone call from a sales rep and don't want to then tell them. They will remove you from their call list.

This will be reviewed over the next month and they are happy for feedback.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    I have managed to get hold of someone further up the chain and resolved a number of issues for us. They are going to work on a number of things internally to ensure that this gets sorted too.

Firstly, if you do want to unsubscribe from their emails then use the unsubscribe page on the website. It is going to be tested on a few different platforms to ensure that there is not a bug stopped the request being logged. Make a note of the time and date you unsubscribed if possible.

Secondly, if you email back directly to the email requesting a wish to unsubscribe they will do so.

The issue with the above two is that sometimes people are receiving emails that are aliases ... making it difficult to unsubscribe them.

If you do receive a phone call from a sales rep and don't want to then tell them. They will remove you from their call list.

This will be reviewed over the next month and they are happy for feedback.

... and you believe them?

I've done all that and it still comes.

HBJB

Thank Post
    well, had another one today. So much for being nice.

I've now sent an email to both "grace" and another guy i have the email of there basically saying if I dont get confirmation that I have been removed by the end of the day then their domain is goin on the spam filter list.

I've also said if i do get another marketting email from them after they confirmed then they will go on the spam list straight away.

It's silly when it has to come to this.

Thank Post
    I really dislike this company. They are forever ringing us up asking if we need anything. If companies start doing that, then they go to the bottom of our best supplier list. Im sure we have about 5 account managers there though

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I really can't believe they haven't learnt by now? I wonder if we should ask to have their phone numbers barred from calling us too?

Wes

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stratisphere View Post
    well, had another one today. So much for being nice.

I've now sent an email to both "grace" and another guy i have the email of there basically saying if I dont get confirmation that I have been removed by the end of the day then their domain is goin on the spam filter list.

I've also said if i do get another marketting email from them after they confirmed then they will go on the spam list straight away.

It's silly when it has to come to this.
    Just add them to the spam list anyway. You know they are going to do it so save your time.

Thank Post
    Anyone had any experieince of NSO fitting smart boards?? They have just quoted for 17 and come in cheapest by £1k to the next company but if they are going to be trouble then i might just pay the extra 1k and go elsewhere!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,463 Posts
    I'd pay the £1k and go elsewhere or get your favourite supplier to price match it.

Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast