+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Bad Experiences Thread, NS Optimum in Purchasing and Trading; ...
    Thank Post
    Got mine from GRACE PARK this morning. The unsubscribe option never works.

GAH. Never again after they delivered a £2.5K A3 Colour Laser in a plastic bag and all the front smashed off, and that was nearly four years ago.
    Last edited by ninjabeaver; 13th May 2008 at 02:56 PM.

Thank Post
    A £2.50 A3 colour laser. Even with the front smashed that is a bargain!

Well either our super receptionists are up to the task or once again some how we have annoyed a supplier so much they don't contact us. Makes me proud

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechMonkey View Post
    A £2.50 A3 colour laser. Even with the front smashed that is a bargain!

Well either our super receptionists are up to the task or once again some how we have annoyed a supplier so much they don't contact us. Makes me proud
    Curse the sandwich lodged under my K key. Previous post edited.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've started getting them again.

I informed them that I will investigate how many schools they are spamming and am likely to request an LA wide block. The daily spam quickly stopped.

Oh .. the power ...

Thank Post
    and again

Morning Mr. Anderson

I wanted to find out if I could help you with any quotes on PCs, Laptops, AV equipment such as Whiteboards and Projectors or other IT issues for the new financial year.

We are a Microsoft Gold Partner, Intel Channel Partner, provide exclusively to schools and colleges and have 15 years of experience in education.

Information on our products can be found at NS Optimum - Total Solutions Provider To Schools And Colleges

All the best

Daniel Hughes
    E-mail sent at 14:!6. Not even close to morning. This is becoming a daily mail now.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,344 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's not just NS Optibloodymum - we've seen a 50% increase in spam this week from various UK IT companies. Drives me nuts.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just got off the phone from them.

They say they have not had any complaints so I have pointed them towards this thread and asked for a response.

If they are unaware of their poor reputation they need to be made aware of it and change.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    I've started getting them again.

I informed them that I will investigate how many schools they are spamming and am likely to request an LA wide block. The daily spam quickly stopped.

Oh .. the power ...
    I did this via their web form ... They just said there may have been a problem with this form so $deity knows if they received it ...

Thank Post
    The office have given them my new mobile phone number. I said I didn't want them calling me so hopefully they won't.

Thank Post
    Just got off the phone from them.

They say they have not had any complaints so I have pointed them towards this thread and asked for a response.

If they are unaware of their poor reputation they need to be made aware of it and change.
    I have done this twice now but I doubt that the muppets over there that really need to read it ever will.

Don't really care now as I just have them all bouncing right back at them, mmwwaaahhhhhh

Thank Post
    Ditto, i've replied aswell as done the unsubscribe link countless times... still getting them. I'll ring them monday and just whine at them!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've had them install Fibre and bought desktops and laptops from them without any problems with the job done. We had some problems with the fibre getting installed but once we got everything sorted it was installed well and quickly I might add. A couple of metres slack and the exactly where I wanted them. Labelling was done on the card inserts and fully tested. The desktops and laptops were very good had to send only one desktop back (motherboard fault) in four years. The all-in-ones had a few more issues mostly down to malicious damage from pupils. The laptops have been very reliable to again any problems were down to pupil damage more than hardware failure. I do get cold calls which sometimes I'd like to stop but that aren't as common as some companies I could mention. Overall I'd have to say the units are very good and the laptops are getting better than the stuff I bought some very good equipment. The only problem I have now with them is the quality is at a level that the prices are more than Lenovo, Toshiba and Dell so sadly I'm having to look down that route instead.

I think after certain people have left last year that things have improved dramatically.

Wes

Thank Post
    Well, although i do get contacted more than i'd like for no reason at all, i'd have to say that it's no more than i get from a lot of companies. Saying that you may be getting a lot more contact than me.

I've got over 200 hundred of their desktops(all-in-one and tower chassis) and over 100 laptops from them and to be fair they have been of good quality and i've never experienced anything other than that really. I do have the odd issue like the supposed on-site warranty that somehow ends up as return to base? I would certainly like that clarified The only things we have break are laptops being bounced off the floor . We get the odd HDD/Power Supply failure, but parts are shipped out pretty quickly to be replaced.

We have also had cabling done by them! Although it did run over the deadline and the planning of the cabling left quite a bit to be desired the work was up to a good standard and they did work over weekends to make sure things got finished on time. Termination was done by a contracted company though and everything was labelled up properly.

Just thought it was only fair they got something a little positive posted against them as i'm sure it can't all be bad .

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    My main gripe is that they will not take no for an answer.

I get better pricing than they can offer me, we no longer use any of their kit anywhere in the school (we are even close to being RM free too) and I am not interested in any other services they have to offer.

But they still email and phone.

After my phone call complaining about this I asked for someone more senior to contact to discuss the issue and that has stopped the phone calls ... let's see if it stops the emails too.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Fair enough Tony if you've told them you don't want to deal with them they shouldn't continue to cold call you. I'm just a little surprised about some of the problems when we haven't had those issues it hasn't always been a breeze either however I've found as long as I tell them exactly whats to be done the price I'm willing to pay they do the job to spec. Some of the issues stated here seem a little extreme and hopefully not the main experience of people. You'd have thought since they know about this site they'd be trying to get into our good books they wouldn't need to cold call or cold email if they joined the advertisers section and posted things there now and again that would at least stop one of their more annoying traits.

Wes

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread