I've created a simple layout with 1 text region and 1 image region.
I've assigned my display to use the layout.
When I run the client, it shows whatever the layout says but if I then change the layout on the server, the client doesn't update.
Help = What do I need to do?
You can restart the client to see if it is picking up the updates. If it is, it may be the update time needs to be adjusted, I think the default is something like 900 secs? Go into the xibo client options and check the time for collection interval for content and reduce it if necessary.
Edit: I dont think it will show the updates until it has downloaded the content first, so it may take longer to show the changes you have made. A restart forces the update.
Also let it run for the update time to kick into place, ive noticed that just restarting XIBO doesn't always work. so just leave it on for the time then check hopefully that should work.
Can I ask some stupid questions? (I guess I'm going to...)
Currently using XBMC just to run a simple slideshow for signage, but like the look of Xibo. As it's for Primary school use, it's recycling old machines so:
Does everyone use Client/Server or just host the lot on one box? (Any problems with this?)
If a server is preferred, can the main school server be used or is a dedicated machine preferable?
You should be ok, you can install XMAPP on XP or any windows then install XIBO ontop of that aswell as using this as the XIBO screen box.
Hope that helps
I get this sometimes. You can wait for the client to pick up the updates or do what I do when I cant wait is to delete the xibo folder on the client and then run Xibo on the client again, as it doesnt have anything locally cached it will populate it again from the server.
Originally Posted by SimpleSi
Xibo Client has a setting about how often it polls the server for an update. Might be worth checking what your's is set to. I've also found when we first started using Xibo that I needed to remove the client then add it back on the server. Never really worked it out, perhaps had something to do with a time mismatch.
@penfold - client options reducing update time did the job :)