+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Which is the best Interactive Whiteboard? in Technical; Promethean here on site, some boards are just passing 8 years and still going strong here...
    Thank Post
    Promethean here on site, some boards are just passing 8 years and still going strong here

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    With the motorised height adjustable ones I know that you can't just order one and fit it they do have to be fitted by an accredited installer.

Ben
    That's makes sense

Thank Post
    We have had our current promethean boards for over 7 years now - never had a problem with them.

One thing that I am thinking of is just changing the projectors to ultra short throw projectors so that the images are clearer however it does me that we are still stuck with just a pen.

Has anyone heard of Genee boards? We are starting a week trial tomorrow and am interested to see how they compare - especially as they come in a LOT cheaper than their promethean or Smart alternatives...

Thank Post
    I'm in the process of getting new Smartboards 880i series, just been thrown a spanner in the works with CleverLCD, anyone know if there are any good?

Thank Post
    Only a slight diversion from thread.....
    We need to put a "Smart" type board on wheels for portability. We have Smart 500/600/800 boards on walls, but I cannot see that type of projector based solution being on a stand. I looked at Clever-Touch last year.

Anyone have any experience with other LCD based touch solutions?
    Any experience with Smart software on non Smart bds?

On another note... the 800 dual touch seems to suffer from loose sleeves breaking light beam before finger. Kids' blasers and teachers wide sleeve cardigans! Any comments?

Thank Post
    The best whiteboards?

The ones that get used effectivly by their users rather than just as a replacement for the whiteboard. We bought into them big style adn they hardly get used for anything exciting.

TRAINING and materials is the key.

Rob

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    A couple of years ago now we moved into a new building and we originally planned to put in Hitachi Starboards, primarily I think because of the fact they could be used with both dry wipe marker pens and as interactive whiteboards. However, when it came to training a few key members of staff on them the software was found to be somewhat lacking. The hardware was great but the software was missing a lot of key features that the staff were expecting. I couldn't tell you what exactly, I'm not a teacher and this was two years ago now!

Anyway, we eventually ended up with Promethean boards, I think they're ActivBoard 780s with built in speakers. They've been reliable from a hardware point of view and the teachers here seem to get on well with the software so I can't complain too much. In my last job almost five years ago now, they had SmartBoards and I think the Prometheans have the edge over SmartBoards in terms of robustness but it's possible that the Smartboard software is better. The SmartBoards do have the advantage of not needing special pens as well.

Thank Post
    We had loads of probels with Prometheans due to connection problem so we went with Genee Powerboard. We are now very happy with our 10 Genee Powerboards which we had installed with the last 6 Months. The price was reasonable compared to that of Smart and Promethean, The support is great. We received training from an ex teacher who couldn’t have help us out any more and even gave us a load of curriculum whiteboard content to get us started.

Thank Post
    We've got 50 smartboards, most are over 5 years old. Incredibly reliable.

Thank Post
    We were mainly Promethean then we change to the Genee Powerboard, much better software, reliable and the coating on the board allows out year 1 and 2 students to write over the board using a dry marker pen without the worry of permanently marking the board

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12