+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Projector suitable for a DT room? in Technical; Our DT department fancy a projector in their workroom. The downside to this is that it is a dusty room ...
    Thank Post

Projector suitable for a DT room?

Our DT department fancy a projector in their workroom. The downside to this is that it is a dusty room with woodcutting etc going on in it. Can anyone suggest a projector that could cope with a room like this? Dt also want an interactive board so if this was an all in one board and projector all the better!

Thanks

Thank Post
    well most DLP projectors are now filterless but this is a harsh environment. You'll probably see warning on the projectors install manual against this. You could install a big ass 60" touchscreen TV @ less than 1500 it works out the same as a projector and interactive board. I haven't tried one myself though.

LG 60PZ850T FULL HD 60INCH TOUCHSCREEN PLASMA 3D TV : LG*Plasma TV 60" - 65"

3. Thanks to chazzy2501 from:

reggiep (20th June 2012)

Thank Post
    We have some older NEC units that have done many years (like 8+) in workshops with heavy dust levels. I wouldn't recommend filterless - the filters are probably what has saved them (and the image is still clear and bright).

5. Thanks to 3s-gtech from:

reggiep (20th June 2012)

Thank Post
    I have one of these in my technology room PLC-XC50 the automated filter kit scrolls through and changes the filter itself then you just replace the filter cartridge.

What about one of the slim casio led projectors? no filters and no lamp so shouldnt be that bad in theory!!

7. Thanks to DSapseid from:

reggiep (20th June 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chazzy2501 View Post
    well most DLP projectors are now filterless but this is a harsh environment. You'll probably see warning on the projectors install manual against this. You could install a big ass 60" touchscreen TV @ less than 1500 it works out the same as a projector and interactive board. I haven't tried one myself though.

LG 60PZ850T FULL HD 60INCH TOUCHSCREEN PLASMA 3D TV : LG*Plasma TV 60" - 65"
    That really is an interesting idea!

Thank Post
    we have a couple of NEC's in D&T rooms which have an enclosure with extra filtration which activates when the projector is turned on, at the time they were twice the cost of normal install but they work really well.

10. Thanks to SHimmer45 from:

reggiep (20th June 2012)

Thank Post
    I've been impressed with our hitachi EDx projectors, but they are long in the tooth now. I'm confident with our ed-a220/1nm projectors as they have a large filter which seems to clog very slowly in normal use.

A word of caution about flat panels - they often contain fans as well and they are a b*gger to clean as they are not designed for any kind of maintenance, also, the surface of the panel can get warm in use and if dust lands on the screen it can cause hot spots and panel damage.

A word of caution about filterless projectors, they still have fans in them which will just suck stuff through without any kind of filtration, you may in fact end up in a worse situation than you anticipated, you may be better to just suck up (pun intended) the fact that you are going to have to get in there with an air duster on a regular basis (perhaps have a routine that whoever changes the tapes cleans that filter?) If you go short throw, it's easier to reach the filters!

12. Thanks to Oaktech from:

reggiep (20th June 2012)

Thank Post
    Just note the screen your looking at is not interactive with a computer, its just inbuilt some functions are controld from the pen to the TV only.

Also its been said many times but just to confirm if you buy a Casio just because it donesnt have a fan it still sucks in dust and requires cleaning also it DOES have a lamp it is NOT lampless, its just the lamp is a composite device that is laser lED and lasts longer but at the rate they are reducing the cover,.... not much longer.

Marc
    Projector Engineer
    Last edited by Marc-Engineer; 19th June 2012 at 10:28 AM.

14. 2 Thanks to Marc-Engineer:

Oaktech (20th June 2012), reggiep (20th June 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread