+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, cleverLCD touchscreen in Technical; Looking for a bit of help. We have 2 large CleverLCD computers in our school. they were working fine last ...

Thank Post

cleverLCD touchscreen

Looking for a bit of help.

We have 2 large CleverLCD computers in our school. they were working fine last night this morning when the teacher came in its like most of the lefthand side is now not interactive. We have tryed to recallabrate them but it is not responding to any tuch on tthe left hand half of the screen.

Any ideas?

Thank Post
    Unusual for both screens to have the same problem at the same time! Is there anything resting in the reflective strip around the screen? If not give Sahara a call to log a fault, contact details here:-

Sahara Presentation Systems - Contact Us

Thank Post
    Did the cleaners come in last night and clean them?

The "Touch" is actually controlled by two tiny cameras one in each top corner looking downwards from the top.

Before calling out the engineers under the very good warranty have a look to see if they have been gummed up with some cleaners grunge!

Thank Post
    Sorry was a bit unclear, its only on one of the screens which is in the nursery/reception so anything could have happened to it. Not in there today but have passed the advice on to see if a nice clean would make it work. Will let you know

NDW

Thank Post
    did you manage to get the screen fixed? and how easy was it to log it as faulty?

Thank Post
    Hi NDW,

I wasnt in school but told the teacher to clean around the edges and check for dirt and gunk, which she did and she reported the same problem.
    Next time I was in I had just found the contact details but thought I would check to get all the information that they would need. Turned it on and it worked.
    So screen is fixed with no fault logged so cant help.

I have heard they are very good though.

Do you have a problem with yours?

7. Thanks to MattDLEA from:

NDW (21st June 2012)

Thank Post
    6 months use later,

We have never had any issues with ours, as I said in my post there isnt anything touch to go wrong the panel it is standard LED with hardened glass the X/Y co-ords are handled by 2 tiny cameras one in each top corner so such faults are most likely to be a a camera, calibration or a software glitch.
    The pre schools where I have installed them love them and have made no complaints, I have used the electrically operated up/down mobile trolley version which makes it easy to move around from location to location so one screen provides the interactive requirements for a whole nursery, but the mounting for the laptop is a ridiculous tray that sticks out of the back, so the laptop sits directly on the rear of the screen and protrudes further than the wheelbase so it has already damaged the walls and door frames where it gets pushed around.

This bit is seriously in need of some re-design work and possibly the integrated PC version is to be considered over bolting a laptop onto the back of the unit.

We wanted a self contained movable solution that works in all light conditions for use by 3 - 70 yr olds and for this it seems to work perfectly, shame about the industrial level build quality which seems perfect for use in a battlefield ops room but a little harsh for a nursery.

NDW

Thank Post
    no i still dont have any, i was just intrigued to what the response and action was - thanks for the reply.

This bit is seriously in need of some re-design work and possibly the integrated PC version is to be considered over bolting a laptop onto the back of the unit
    Philips do a touchscreen which looks nicer than the saharas and it can have a built in computer (bolted on the back).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread