+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, ClickView Replacement and Video swap in Technical; Hi, I've been asked to try and find alternate content to replace ClickView, Currently only DT, Science and History use ...

Thank Post

ClickView Replacement and Video swap

Hi,

I've been asked to try and find alternate content to replace ClickView, Currently only DT, Science and History use it. Does anyone know any good content providers that i can replace it with?

Also do any of you have recordings that you would be willing to swap. I'm told the clickview stuff used to appear on TV along time ago.

Thanks,
    Cliff

Thank Post
    Clickview Exchange. We all upload stuff to do.

Worth the money i feel. (we use online aswell)

Thank Post
    +1 above, the Exchange is great to find categorised shows that other schools have already downloaded and (more often than not) cut into segments. I'd recommend getting a member of each department to look through the exchange with you considering you already pay for the service.

And again, Clickview Online is great. Teachers can provide students a direct URL to watch a programme from home; something for homework or even revision. This way nobody can say "I couldn't find it on-line".

You'll often see people on here requesting programmes to be uploaded to the Exchange, I've requested and uploaded a few myself. In terms of a community it's the one you want to stick with but although I'm sure there are alternatives I don't know any.

4. Thanks to JJanisch from:

australiana (10th May 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,472 Posts
    MEDIAPORTAL - a HTPC Media Center for free! is something I found yeserday for a colleague.

Ben

Thank Post
    Clickview is ok but they have never got the ratings system working for clickview online so you can't filter out material for younger students.
    Google apps for education might be worth looking at as it will allow shared videos.

Thank Post
    We use Planet eStream.

Thank Post

www.helixmedialibrary.net

Might be worth checking out Helix Media Library

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Hi all,

Over the coming months ClickView will be adding further content libraries to our offering. We currently offer a VEA Library (which has termly updates), Discovery Education and BBC Active. National Geographic and Getty are both currently putting together something that will soon be available with ClickView, we'll hopefully be in a position to announce these soon.

We'll also be able to provide videos on an individual basis through Media Store - an iTunes type interface which staff members can request content through and purchase directly from the video content distributors. This is already available in Australia and will be coming to the UK version of the software soon.

As well as this, as has already been mentioned there are over 7000 videos that can be downloaded from ClickView Exchange - all that's required to access these is a subscription to the ClickView software and an ERA+ licence.

I hope this answers some of the concerns and questions regarding ClickView and the content offering, as ever feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

Regards,

Danny

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ClickViewDanny View Post
    We'll also be able to provide videos on an individual basis through Media Store - an iTunes type interface which staff members can request content through and purchase directly from the video content distributors. This is already available in Australia and will be coming to the UK version of the software soon.
    Looking forward to getting my hands on this update!

p.s. can you nudge your design team? Clickview Online is preeeetty compared to the app!

Thank Post
    Do you mean the ClickView Online web interface compared to the videos being played on the iPhone / iPad app? Feel free to drop me an email with any comments and I'll make sure they are passed on to the necessary people.

Thank Post
    Hi Danny

Any news on a fix for the ratings part of online? As has been said before we can't manage access currently.

Thank Post
    No timescale given at the moment I'm afraid, I've just checked up on this. I understand it must be frustrating, please bear with us! As soon as there's any update I'll make sure we let everyone know via the usual methods.

15. Thanks to ClickViewDanny from:

nickjelly (30th May 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ClickViewDanny View Post
    Do you mean the ClickView Online web interface compared to the videos being played on the iPhone / iPad app? Feel free to drop me an email with any comments and I'll make sure they are passed on to the necessary people.
    Sorry I was meaning the Windows application. It looks like something from the days of XP

Thank Post
    I guess the move towards HTML5 and applications becoming browser based might be why the look of ClickView Player might not be updated. I believe that's the direction that ClickView will be moving in, so to spend any time on freshening the look could be futile. I'm not aware of any plans for it anyway. This isn't anything official but my prediction (not just for ClickView) is that an installed application will be a thing of the past in a few years, maybe even sooner.

Completely agree though on Player, it could do with updating. But the reasons I've stated above are probably why it won't happen.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread