+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Virtual studio with green screen for schools? in Technical; We are looking for a full kit, preferably with HD camera, but it must have everything including green screen. This ...

Thank Post

Virtual studio with green screen for schools?

We are looking for a full kit, preferably with HD camera, but it must have everything including green screen. This would be for our media dept. We have found this but it is very expensive. Anyone know of alternatives?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nLinked View Post
    We are looking for a full kit, preferably with HD camera, but it must have everything including green screen. This would be for our media dept. We have found this but it is very expensive. Anyone know of alternatives?
    Does it need to be "that" full? PlanetDV do a lot of smaller kits too, just without all the sparkle as such. Or are you looking for other companies really?

Steve

Thank Post
    They want a really high end one, am open to other companies but am finding it hard to find other full kits.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Video4Schools View Post
    We have exactly what you are looking for, virtually the same set up at a fraction of the cost.

Please contact me.

Kind Regards

Darren Michaels

video4schools
    Thanks, this looks interesting, just having a look at your site.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Video4Schools View Post
    We have exactly what you are looking for, virtually the same set up at a fraction of the cost.

Please contact me.

Kind Regards

Darren Michaels

video4schools
    Curious, What's your equivalent price/kit then? Seeing it doesn't say on website

Thanks,
    Steve

Thank Post
    Hi, I work in the FE sector in York. We purchased a full tv suite from Academia.co.uk. Which included green screen frames and fabrics, Panasonic AVCHD-71E cameras and Ianiro lights, Manfroto Tripods and so on. I cannot divulge the prices we paid, but I may suggest that company as a potential supplier as the prices were the best we could find after a protracted search in the marketplace.

Thank Post
    Not quite on the same level but the IT dept here use I Can Present and bought PC cameras and the green screen from them. Depends on how full on you want it to be or what uses they have.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechMonkey View Post
    Not quite on the same level but the IT dept here use I Can Present and bought PC cameras and the green screen from them. Depends on how full on you want it to be or what uses they have.
    More options, great thanks!

Thank Post
    Hi. We had a couple of keen lecturers with some hopes and some ideas of what they wanted with a budget. We (ITSS) put together a shopping list and it looked impossible for the budget that was available. We approached many suppliers and some offers seemed reasonable. The academia.co.uk people somehow managed to cram almost everything on the list into the budget, we were very surprised, as the others could not. Most curiously the deal on the cameras was amazing, almost half the price of the next best offer. Maybe they just happend to have a countainer load arrive and it was good luck for us with our timing, I don't know.

I was just chatting with our Media Technician about the blog here, and he thought it may be well worth you contacting Academia and giving them a list and asking for a quote on their best price, they have everything to put together a pack for a good price. Its a buyers market, money in education is in short supply and its going to get tighter over the next 3 years and everybody in the sector knows it. I think you may get a very good deal. Good luck with the project, I hope it works out well.

rdk

Thank Post
    We've just painted one wall of a room with green Chromakey paint (much more expensive than normal paint) and will later get lights & a camera. I've seen quite a few schools who have done the same thing.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread