+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, SMART BOARD no data received on this port in Technical; I'm having problems with one of our SMART boards (600 series) At first the board was no longer interactive, i ...

Thank Post

SMART BOARD no data received on this port

I'm having problems with one of our SMART boards (600 series)
    At first the board was no longer interactive, i checked the control panel and it said there where two SMART products connected but not working. So i ran the connection wizard and it the error message changed to no data received on this port. I've tried reinstalling the drivers but that didn't help either. I've ghosted the machine and this also hasn't helped. I've checked the device manager and there are no SMART products listed under USB ports. I read in another thread that you need to delete the Standard USB host controller but which one?? Can anyone help because i'm starting to look like an idiot.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gcurran1982 View Post
    At first the board was no longer interactive, i checked the control panel and it said there where two SMART products connected but not working.
    I'm not much up on SMART version numbering, but if this is an older board connected via a serial/USB cable with a chunky bit in the middle then that chunky bit is the part that get sensed by the SMART drivers on the machine. The connection to the actual board might be faulty, but if the computer can contact the firmware in the cable itself then it's likly to report that the SMART board is attached. I had a similar problem a year or so back (sorry, I can't find the post in question) - try switching the connecting cable over if you have another available. Our problem turned out to be the board's power supply, which we simply swapped for a new one and solved the problem.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    You can delete all of them in turn, but if you're using a USB mouse/keyboard they will stop working, so either Remote Desktop in or use a PS2 mouse/keyboard if possible.

There's also a possibility the USB ports are dodgy depending on the age of the PC.

4. Thanks to Michael from:

gcurran1982 (2nd May 2012)

Thank Post
    If you're using a 500 series with the USB to Serial cable it might need a driver installed. The driver files are in c:\Program Files\SMART Board Software\PNP Drivers.

Are you using anything else that emulates a COM port. I remember having some very odd goings on trying to use an AX027 cable and a Smart USB to serial on the same PC.

EDIT: Oops, completely missed that it was a 600 series.
    Last edited by K.C.Leblanc; 1st May 2012 at 03:56 PM.

6. Thanks to K.C.Leblanc from:

Thank Post
    Somewhere under program files\smart there should be a couple of .exe files, something like SBDiagnostics and SmartFirmwareUpdater.
    Have a play, diagnostics can tell you whether any signal is being received at a low level, also the state of the light on right-hand of board (colour/flashing).
    Behind that light should be a factory reset button for the smart hardware. Then update firmware if required.

8. Thanks to tumbleweed from:

Thank Post
    Thank you all for your help turned out the firmware had become corrupt glad i know this for the future

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread