+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Sophos Enterprise Console in Technical; Hi, I am new to Enterprise Console and our School has just been moved on to LGFL 2. Now I ...

Thank Post

Sophos Enterprise Console

Hi,

I am new to Enterprise Console and our School has just been moved on to LGFL 2. Now I am going to install EC5 on the server so my question is:

If I install Enterprise console on the Server then do I need to install Sophos AV10 on all client machines on the network or Enterprise console will push the antivirus client to all the client machines? ... How does it work?

I am confused about it... Can someone please explain this?

Regards

Umair

Thank Post
    You need to push the client out, either using your normal software deployment tool, or using the console. I think the console picks up a list of computers from active directory, you can select the computers to deploy to. There is an option in a menu somewhere to deploy it. There should be a guide on the atomwide support site which tells you what to do.
    Last edited by Chris_Cook; 13th April 2012 at 10:44 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Cook View Post
    You need to push the client out, either using your normal software deployment tool, or using the console. I think the console picks up a list of computers from active directory, you can select the computers to deploy to. There is an option in a menu somewhere to deploy it. There should be a guide on the atomwide support site which tells you what to do.

Thanks Chris. All I understood is that I don't have to install Sophos10 individually on all the network computers. It can be done from Enterprise console options?

Thanks again

Thank Post
    Install EC on your server, then use EC to roll out the AV suite to your clients, ec picks up your computers and groups from active directory so you can select which computers to roll it out too, you can also set things like firewall policies via ec and when you roll out your av to your clients it will add the policies to the av suite, great for allowing stuff throught the firewall in Sophos centrally, and if you alter a rule later you just right click your pc's and click up date policies and it will apply the new policies without you having to roll out the av again.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread