+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Sanyo PLC-XW57 power on then goes into standby in Technical; I have a Sanyo PLC-XW57 that will power on for 30 sec then go into standby. Fans are on but ...
    Thank Post

Sanyo PLC-XW57 power on then goes into standby

I have a Sanyo PLC-XW57 that will power on for 30 sec then go into standby. Fans are on but No image (blue light), warning lights and replace lamp are not lit.
    I cleaned the filters (they were full) and check the bulb, it looks fine. Turned machine back on and the problem still exists.

I found an article in here on a different model that shows you how to reset the thermal switch. Not sure if there is one on this model and if there is where.
    Any help would be great.

This is part of a IWB install, and the teacher is lost with out it.

cheers

Thank Post
    Thermal trip switch reset may do the trick......if not it may need sending away for remote. Is it a similar chasis to an xe40??

Thank Post
    Hey guys I have exactly the same problem here with an XE-40. Powers on, no bulb light, no abnormal LEDs, powers itself off.

I do not have a spare bulb to test the bulb - but the existing bulb looks fine on visual inspection.

I've taken it apart to look for some kind of thermal switch but cant for the life of me find anything. The only switch I could find was the bulb door switch.

LeeBirdptinstalls - do you have experience with fixing the XE-40. If so can you please help me?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AButters View Post
    Hey guys I have exactly the same problem here with an XE-40. Powers on, no bulb light, no abnormal LEDs, powers itself off.

I do not have a spare bulb to test the bulb - but the existing bulb looks fine on visual inspection.

I've taken it apart to look for some kind of thermal switch but cant for the life of me find anything. The only switch I could find was the bulb door switch.

LeeBirdptinstalls - do you have experience with fixing the XE-40. If so can you please help me?

Thanks
    Sanyo usually put them behind the fan on the side, you have to take the fan out to get at them.

Thank Post
    Hmm I took it to bits, fans out, motherboards out, I stopped short of disassembling the lens assembly as I thought that would be a recipie for disaster!

Cheers

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AButters View Post
    Hmm I took it to bits, fans out, motherboards out, I stopped short of disassembling the lens assembly as I thought that would be a recipie for disaster!

Cheers
    We have a few different models and I can't remember if xe40 is one of the ones I had to reset but I found a pic of a thermal switch (different model) so this is what you are looking for. Ignore the comment about them self resetting they don't (well not on any of the models I've come across). The ones I've had to reset were behind the side fan tucked just inside the power supply section and you needed a flat blade screwdriver to push the top down.

where can I find thermal reset switch on my sanyo plc xu115? - FixYa

And yeah no need to touch the lens / mirrors unless its full of dust and even then I wouldn't touch the internals only use an air blower.

Insert usual if you break it / electrocute yourself disclaimer here.

Thank Post
    I think I will just have to replace the projector. Nobody seems to know where the thermal switch is on this model and I don't want to pay for a service/repair as i can get a new projector for £300 with a 1 yr warranty. Its a shame it looks to be a good projector however I am told that they are not to be installed for educational use. I have another 3 of these and I hope that they last a bit longer.

Thank Post
    Hi, its not a a thermal trip, if the trip had gone or needed restting it would not come on at all, it sounds more like a lamp problem. Let me explain.
    when you turn on your projector it runs through a sequence of things first fans on then lamp psu starts to ramp uo to strike voltage and normally lamp strikes and all is then good but if the lamp does not strike it will then power down and leave either a steady RED light or a flashing RED light meaning "usually" lamp fail,.....now this can happen with a new lamp too so try another lamp before you do anything, i have seen a number of lamps out of the new box fail.

Marc
    Projector Engineer

Thank Post
    Hi marc.

What if it comes on for a minute or two then turns itself off. No red LEDs no lamp replace LED or anything? Still bulb you think?

Cheers

Thank Post
    Hmm no LED at all??? very unusual, but first i must corrct what i said above some Sanyos DO have a trip for the lamp but you WOULD still have a lit LED after it shuts down but if you wish we can try the trip reset you would have to strip and remove the main board if you are ok with doing this? i will ring you or you can ring me if you wish to i will NOT try to sell you anything.

But i must say i would always (if possible and you have one) try another lamp.

Marc
    Projector Engineer

Thank Post
    Hi Marc
    I have another projector in school and i will test the bulb from that in the faulty projector to see.
    If that still doesn't work then i will be happy to remove the main board and see if i can find the trip.

Thank Post
    OK let me know if the lamp swap works.

Marc
    Projector Engineer

Thank Post
    Now I have this issue with exactly the same model. Grrrr!
    Have sent another one back to sanyo in the past... yet to see if we're still covered on this one.

Am I to expect this at some point with every unit of this model we have!?

Thank Post
    No its not that common, if you tell me the serial number i will tell you if its still under warrenty.

The usual cause of this is projector switched off without cooling or Lamp run past it normal hrs ie. more than 2500Hrs

Marc
    Projector Engineer
    Last edited by Marc-Engineer; 27th April 2012 at 01:38 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanks, it's been sorted now though. t'was still under warrenty so has been repaired. Seems like an issue that could pop up at anytime with this model.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc-Engineer View Post
    No its not that common, if you tell me the serial number i will tell you if its still under warrenty.

The usual cause of this is projector switched off without cooling or Lamp run past it normal hrs ie. more than 2500Hrs

Marc
    Projector Engineer

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread