+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, IWB Projector Advice (NEC np300) in Technical; Hi all, wonder if anyone can offer any ideas? We have a temperamental projector. It apparently switches itself off after ...
    JMB

Thank Post

IWB Projector Advice (NEC np300)

Hi all, wonder if anyone can offer any ideas? We have a temperamental projector. It apparently switches itself off after being on for around 10-15 minutes. I've been down to look at it and, inevitably, it was fine for me. I've checked all its settings, and while there are various auto power off/economy settings, none of these are active. It didn't feel especially warm when I was there, so I don't think it's overheating. The bulb life still has (apparently) 92% left, and I'm loathe to spend 300 quid on a bulb unnecessarily, particularly as I know I'll drop it and smash it the moment I take it out of the packaging. So if anyone has any ideas of what troubleshooting I might do, I'm all ears!

Thank Post
    Filter clogged up, (if i recall there is 2 filters back and the side)? Is it still under warranty with NEC, they are very good with warranty issues normally have a reconditioned one out next day and teh faulty one sent back

3. Thanks to LukeC from:

JMB (21st February 2012)

JMB

Thank Post
    Thanks Luke, I'll grab the serial number off it and contact them. It was installed before my time (I've only been here a year, and record-keeping wasn't my predecessor's strong suit!) so I don't know if it will still be covered or not...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeC View Post
    Filter clogged up, (if i recall there is 2 filters back and the side)? Is it still under warranty with NEC, they are very good with warranty issues normally have a reconditioned one out next day and teh faulty one sent back
    Bare in mind they sometimes send out the recon units without bulbs. So you may need to swap the bulb over.

6. Thanks to K.C.Leblanc from:

JMB (21st February 2012)

Thank Post
    I have an np300 that is super sensitive to temperatures for some reason, it exhibits the same symptoms as you are describing and the only thing i have found to keep it reliable is to clean the filters every other week religiously, and when i say clean, i mean remove the filters, wash them with running water and then dry them under the hand dryer. That seems to keep it working.

8. Thanks to Oaktech from:

JMB (21st February 2012)

JMB

Thank Post
    Thanks, Oaktech, I think I'll give that a try first! I doubt it's under warranty, and the sheer amount of information NEC need for a service request means I'll have to detach the projector from the ceiling and conceivably dismantle it to get all the endless numbers they need. Cleaning filters definitely a better bet short term! Just need to download a manual now :-)

Thank Post
    It should show a lamp error if it was the lamp, if it's not overheating it could be a fan cutting out or the temp sensor gone faulty. NEC are really good with replacements and may even send one ahead for you. If you can find out who the reseller is try through them, I know most of the NECs we've supplied have a 3 year swap out warranty for education so even without the original invoice they might be able to help.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread