+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Ultra short throw projector with wireless connection - recommendations in Technical; Hi I need a ultra short throw projector which can be connected to a laptop wirelessly. Its for our heads ...
    Thank Post

Ultra short throw projector with wireless connection - recommendations

Hi

I need a ultra short throw projector which can be connected to a laptop wirelessly. Its for our heads office, any recommendations?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Whilst not technically ultra short throw we have Casio (LED/Hybrid) Projectors that we are very happy with; some wireless variants are:

XJ-A145 - CASIO Projectors
    XJ-A146 - CASIO Projectors

Also quick look at Epson:

Epson EB-450W - Projectors. Technical Specifications and Overview

If you detail your budget, installation type (table/wall/ceiling) etc, I am sure many more will suggest (alternative) options.

Thank Post
    Hi
    Thanks for the info

As the projector is going in our heads office I want a neat tidy install on her wall, that is not on a huge arm hence the request for an ultra short throw. I will be attached to a solid brick wall.
    She will have a pull down screen for it to project to.

The laptop needs to connect to is wirelessly, probably via a dongle although we will have a full site wide wireless system in place too. As she has many different people potentially giving presentations from laptops in her office, so the wireless connection to the projector is essential.

As im just investigating this at the moment I do not have a price i need to keep to.

Thank Post
    Sending a VGA signal to a projector wirelessly is fraught with problems - there are very few solutions that'll do what you want without either compromising image quality or requiring special software on every laptop that's used wirelessly with it. Wireless-enabled projectors also tend to have a significant price-premium over their conventional counterparts, and you may find there's little cost difference in getting a professional corporate-quality installation done with wall or floor mounted laptop connection panels and properly concealed cabling - especially as you'll still need to get a mains-lead to the projector.

If you do decide to go with a wireless projector - make sure you've seen the proposed solution working with both a static (powerpoint/excel etc) image and a moving video image before you commit to buy. I've seen a lot of wireless solutions that work okay with static images but have poor video performance.

Hope that helps!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread