+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Digital Cameras in Technical; ...

Thank Post

Digital Cameras

Hi,

first off this forum has been of great help, im a IT Technician with my first job in a school so still adjusting to the school side of tasks, and ive been requested to purchase some Compact Digital Cameras (Not SLR's) for the IT Department now this may be a silly question however is there anything extra i need to take into account for buying these cameras except the usual, Shutter Lag, Lens Quality, Image Quality etc... the only specs i was given was it has to work on the Macs and the PC's (easy enough card readers in all of them) and they have to be under £50 each.

so is there anything im missing?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyKingsmea View Post
    Hi,

first off this forum has been of great help, im a IT Technician with my first job in a school so still adjusting to the school side of tasks, and ive been requested to purchase some Compact Digital Cameras (Not SLR's) for the IT Department now this may be a silly question however is there anything extra i need to take into account for buying these cameras except the usual, Shutter Lag, Lens Quality, Image Quality etc... the only specs i was given was it has to work on the Macs and the PC's (easy enough card readers in all of them) and they have to be under £50 each.

so is there anything im missing?

Thanks
    Think you pretty much have it down. Mega pixels don't mean an awful lot over 5/6MP, the human eye can't tell much difference going upwards.

My teachers main concern was the colour..

I've just ordered 15 Fuji's from Novatech at £39 ex. and they're great, if you need a tip. (Primary school though, top quality wasn't needed)

Thank Post
    We've just ordered some of these. Built in USB connection so no need for staff/students to bring them to us to download pictures. Does both HD (720) video and stills. Plus they are very cheap so not as bothered when they come back damaged or broken as I would be when a £100 camera gets dropped.

Busbi DV119 HD Camcorder | Ebuyer.com

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 809 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MattHarwood View Post
    Think you pretty much have it down. Mega pixels don't mean an awful lot over 5/6MP, the human eye can't tell much difference going upwards.

My teachers main concern was the colour..

I've just ordered 15 Fuji's from Novatech at £39 ex. and they're great, if you need a tip. (Primary school though, top quality wasn't needed)
    Got to say, mega pixels can be important dependant on how big you want to print, but you need to look at it in terms of mega pixel:sensor size ratio - the more pixels you cram on to a sensor, the less actual benefit you get. Pedantry aside, for a modern P&S camera it isn't worth worrying about.

I'll also say Fuji is a good recommendation - excellent VFM cameras.

Thank Post
    we find that we just turn down the mp count because they quickly fill up their private drives and the common drive with massive mb images, all they do is use the images for powerpoints and viewing on the monitors so no more then 4mp is needed. We just get cheap refurbs fom ebay as it takes about a week for them to destroy them! Long as its sd card thats fine as we buy the teachers cheap (£1-2) sd card usb readers

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread