+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Sanyo XE-30 projector in Technical; Our ceilings are low and easy to reach, that's not a problem. We purchased bulbs instead (4 in total), I ...

Thank Post
    Our ceilings are low and easy to reach, that's not a problem.

We purchased bulbs instead (4 in total), I wouldn't move the pole anyway as it's not my job to do so and not allowed anyway, its bolted tightly on the ceiling and requires labour work to re-mount it somewhere else and installation cost per room will be very expensive. That's a hassle and we don;t need re-mounting, but I'll be putting a picture up of the bracket for you guys to identify whether its universal or not.

Thank Post
    No you should never attempt to move them yourselves unless its part of your job to do so. I have seen several moved by untrained people, i even saw a full cage and pole mounted on a ceiling tile not even with a batton on the back just a small bit of wood sandwiching the tile !!! And with screws in to just a plaster ceiling !! If it wont support my weight as well as the projector its not safe enough, yes they are not supposed to, but in time one of the little darilngs will swing from it.

Marc
    projector Engineer

Thank Post
    A Casio M130 would have done the job, for example it will throw a 77" screen from 2.6-3-9 metres from the board and you can get them for around 580+VAT no need to move the pole and a good size will fit in most cages.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_notts View Post
    A Casio M130 would have done the job, for example it will throw a 77" screen from 2.6-3-9 metres from the board and you can get them for around 580+VAT no need to move the pole and a good size will fit in most cages.
    Yes the throw distance would probably have been fine but the lens is in the wrong position either the pole would have to be moved a small distance to the left (when looking at the board) or the bracket modified so the projector was offset.

When looking at a Sanyo projector from the front while ceiling mounted (ie the projector is upside down) the lens is on the extreme right but on almost every other brand of projector the lens is on the extreme left. It's only 6-7 inches but the image wont line up with the interactive board if you just swap projectors. I removed the projector plate and bolted a universal mount onto the extreme right (looking from the front) of the original bracket but not everyone will want to or be able to do this in which case the pole would still need to be moved.

****Please always err on the side of caution and get someone in when moving / modifying poles unless you know what you are doing and can do it safely.****

Thank Post
    Guys, read my post carefully, i didnt say i was going to move the mount
    its not my job role to move the projector mounts, I only clean them and replace lamps..

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lazkopat View Post
    Guys, read my post carefully, i didnt say i was going to move the mount
    its not my job role to move the projector mounts, I only clean them and replace lamps..
    @lazkopat yes you clearly said that you have replaced the lamps and because your projectors are not very old and the users are happy with the image quality they should last the school another 2 years before you need to replace them.

My last comment was aimed @Chris_in_notts who didn’t realise you had Sanyo projectors and can’t replace them with Casio without some DIY / Moving the pole its not just the throw distance that’s the problem when you replace a Sanyo it’s the lens position as well.

These threads can hang around for years hence my warning at the end of my last post (it wasn’t aimed at you @lazkopat) in case someone sees my post and thinks ToyHeartsFan modified his mount that means we can as well and they bodge it and the inevitable happens…

I’ve only ever moved one pole but I was happy to do that one as it fixed to an “I” beam and you could probably have hung a small car from it. I also know that the modifications I have made to my existing poles are as safe as the original installations. But it most cases I would get someone like @Marc in but it just wasn’t necessary for us to do it this time when I replaced our Sanyo’s with Casio’s.

Thank Post
    I did realise he was replacing sanyo's I have replaced 1 myself with a Casio with no problems...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_notts View Post
    I did realise he was replacing sanyo's I have replaced 1 myself with a Casio with no problems...
    Maybe you have better brackets in Notts then unless you reduced the image size so it doesnt fill the entire board?

The Sanyos I replaced were attached to a mounting plate specific to that model so I attached a universal bracket to the pole but I had to offset it enough to take account of the different lens position or the image would of been off the edge of the boards. The brackets I've seen have very little lateral adjustment.

Thank Post
    Guys,

I've installed one of the lamps for a classroon projector, there is significant difference but then again not bright enough, the image. It doesn't look alive and very colourful, if you know what I mean? any suggestions?

Is it to do with the lens/focus (interal cleaning or something)? help please

Thank Post
    Two things spring to mind:

1. The old bulb was left in too long and not replaced when the replace lamp warning came on and this has damaged the electronics - probably not economical to repair.

2. Dust on the optics, I clean them myself on out of warranty units but I covered electronics at college many years ago which included TV repair so I know I can do the work safely (even if I was working on the equipment while it was live which isnt necessary just to give them a basic clean). There are a few threads on cleaning projectors on here and I think one had a guide, it depends on your background and experience its not that difficult but it would be easy to make a mistake and damage the projector further if its not your area of expertise.
    Last edited by ToyHeartsFan; 13th January 2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: typo

Thank Post
    thansk for the reply.

Yes the units are out of warranty, when you say optics do you mean the lens on the projector?

can you point me a link or place on showing how to clean it and or opening up the optics?

thanks

Thank Post
    Sorry Im snowed under if you try searching for Cleaning projectors or the like it should pull up some threads if I get time later I will have a look.

I mean the internal light path rather than the the external lens, there are multiple small mirrors and lenses inside the projector. Under the top circuiit board there is a plastic moulding that holds the lenses / mirrors in place. If you cant take a laptop apart and put it back together without having screws left over then I would not attempt to clean it yourself unless you are willing to scrap the projector anyway.

If you do attemt it I would advise that you leave all of the lenses in place, if you put them back in wrong you will have a nightmare trying to figure out why the image is messed up, dont touch the mirrors at all the grease on your hands / harsh cleaners could damage them, just use somthing to blow the worst of the dust out. I would strongly advise you not to remove the prism if you do it will increase the chance of it all going pear shaped.

Dont take the projector apart until the lamp has cooled, dont work on it while it is live (i.e. unplug it), be aware that capacitors can hold charge (electrocute you) even if the projector is not plugged in, be careful of static - you could damage the electronics, be careful how you handle the lamp - take it out and store it safely while you work on the projector - they are under pressure and can explode.

If you still want to try then you need a nice clear working area and plenty of time a cam to take pics so you can remember where everything goes might be an idea as well.

Thank Post
    If you need to ask how then i recomend you dont do it i spent a long time at Sanyo learning this trade, there are capacitors in there that stay charged for a long time after disconection and have several hundred volts on them, there are also static sensitive devices that even nylon socks would kill if touched by your finger unless you are very competent and electronicly aware then i would recomend you NOT to go inside, if you still decide to go ahead wear a static wriststrap and work on a rubber mat for both you and the projector bench (industry norm) and be very careful as told above not to touch any of the front silvred mirrors and take care NOT to move the polerising filters or you will lose true black.

Marc
    Projector Engineer

Thank Post
    Thanks guys, I will leave it as it is. Will eventually replace that project as that one is old, or perhaps get it cleaned sometime by Sanyo.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12