+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Hardware media player - suggestions? in Technical; I'm looking into a new sound system for the school hall and want to add a hardware media player. We ...
    Thank Post

Hardware media player - suggestions?

I'm looking into a new sound system for the school hall and want to add a hardware media player.

We currently have a bog-standard Technics CD player which is fine for playing CD's. The problem is we are accumulating a lot of CD's and many have just one or two tracks on them - not ideal!
    So i figure we'll use a hardware media player and can build a library of MP3's. I dont want to use the Network / PC / laptop option if i can help it coz the last thing i want is Windows/mediaPlayerSoftware etc freezing on production night and the whole thing is waiting on windows rebooting!
    I have looked at stand-alone hardware media players (mostly Numark) that can accommodate CD's as well as MP3 but not sure of which one to go with and the quality of the product.

Does anyone have any experience with these or can offer other suggestions?

Thank Post
    I certainly wouldn't use Media Player for playback but I would put my vote towards a Windows PC. Have a Google for DJ/Playback software - take this one for example DJ Software. Download free DJ Mixing Software. PC or Mac.

You could build a library, edit tracks, fade between tracks, and apply all other sorts of effects (if required). It saves a lot of money on equipment and is ideal for a school hall. If it doesn't work out then I'm sure there is some impressive hardware available to you but I would recommend talking to the retailers themselves about that. You dont want to pay for things you dont need (that other places may find they can't live without)

Thank Post
    This is a lot more advanced and may require some learning but if you're looking for the whole 9 yards with every feature known to man I would recommend VIRTUAL DJ SOFTWARE - MP3 Mixing Software

Thank Post
    do you want it to play video or just music? I've installed several of these : - ADJ Group Media Operator - MP3 Player - CD & MP3 Players - Audio - Products - ADJ Group which allows you to play off sd or usb... or go the numark route. it's not a bad place to be.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread