+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Crackling sound system in Technical; also - the more expensive radio gear has input gain that you can adjust on the transmitter to avoid overloading ...
    Thank Post
    also - the more expensive radio gear has input gain that you can adjust on the transmitter to avoid overloading the RF, also just different types of capsules have different responses, a ksm9 and a 87a have very different responses. (fyi - changing the gain of the mic before it's transmitted over RF is called 'head gain' and you should do it on each mic/transmitter combination for each person)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kaphc View Post
    I see ... I'll have a look what makes and models the kit is when I'm at work next week.

BTW you're talking about a diaphragm inside the mic, not the human diaphragm? (Done a bit of singing myself and the dictat "breathe from the diaphragm is firmly engraved on my mind!)

Most of the time the kids won't go anywhere near a hand-held mic and tend to hold it as far away as possible. We've got some clip-on mics (which I don't like cos they pick up every single rustle) and some over-ear mics to deploy too so it'll be interesting to test the distance / gain stuff with them as it gets nearer Christmas.
    yup, the bit that wobbles in the mic when you push it with air, coil in a magnetic field, movement generates current and all that...

if you read the thing about mixing you will find out about EQ ing for feedback reduction which should make your life a bit more predictable with tieclip and over the ear mics.

the secret with those mics is to get them as close as possible to the wearers mouth, if this requires using surgical tape to stick the things to the side of their face, or into the hair line then so be it! If you need to use tie clips as tieclips they need to be upright and no more than a fist's width from the underneath of the chin.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12