+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Photoshop CS5 and Premiere Elements 9 in Technical; I'm busy moving my Photoshop CS5 installs to the same room as we have Premiere Elements 9 installed on. Both ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Photoshop CS5 and Premiere Elements 9

I'm busy moving my Photoshop CS5 installs to the same room as we have Premiere Elements 9 installed on.

Both work quite happily when installed on seperate machines, however as soon as I install both on a single machine, then Premiere Elements crashes with a Windows Error box before displaying the welcome screen with an error in WS.dll. If I try and launch Premiere Elements directly from the exe then I just a Windows Error box with a fault in the premiere elements exe.

It's the same story with Elements organiser, it crashes with a windows error box.

If I remove photoshop then everything works fine.

I'm assuming it's a plugin or something that photoshop installs and is running in the background, but I can't work out what the hell I need to alter or stop running.

I've tried installing photoshop first, then premiere elements, premiere elements and then photoshop. Used the Creative Suite cleanup tool and reinstalled all over again, stopping anything except the essentials need for photoshop installing and each time it just continues to crash.

Any hints?

Thank Post
    Hiya,

Sorry not a direct answer to your question but have you tried posting this on the adobe forums? I've had a few P/s issues over the years and if you can stomach all the supposition and uninformed answers you'll get one of two guys on there know what they are talking about and I believ adobe technical reps watch the site too. Just a thought. I have a 'tog buddy with P/7 and adobe elements running on the same machine without a problem so I'd think it's something relating to the newer Creative Suite versions of the programme but I'm afraid my limited expertise is the other side of the application.

Good luck, and let us know when you find out the answer.

Regards

David

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I did post a while ago (went to post and then realised I already had an account) but never got any replies to the problem.

Today I've narrowed it down.

It doesn't happen with local profiles - everything works fine. Friday I need to see if a brand new roaming profile makes a difference. Atleast it's a little progress, although don't understand why it doesn't happen all the time with Premiere Elements whether photoshop is installed or not if it is (surely, logically it should if it was an issue with the profile!)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread