+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Hitachi ED-A100 Lens door error and door won't close. in Technical; Hi Skyper - have you disassembled one of these projectors to get to the broken cogs? Am I right in ...

Thank Post
    Hi Skyper - have you disassembled one of these projectors to get to the broken cogs? Am I right in thinking that I need to dismantle most of the unit before I can get to the mirror motor assembly to remove it and the cogs?

Thanks!

Thank Post
    Depends on which cog is broken, most likely its the small one in the mirrors cylinder, if so you only need to dismantle the bottom screws to remove the top shield and then you can already remove the cylinder shield to get to the cog. If however it's one of the cogs in the cog series, you have to remove about 50 screws... I did both without breaking the thing, just take your time

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    They arranged warranty repair on one of ours (warranty expired) in next to no time. Guy came in yesterday and replaced it. If you track back through the posts on this subject, there's a contact name at Hitachi.
    cant seem to pull up the contact name - can you remember which topic this was buried in?

has anyone had any luck contacting hitachi recently about this? One of ours went this week when I rang Hitachi asking to speak to someone about repairs for projectors and got put through to a recorded message directing me to the equinox repair website - I was less than impressed!

Don't really want to fork out the money for repair when they have set a precedent of replacing out of warranty.

a name or department / telephone number would be really useful if anyone is able to provide one.

thanks

Thank Post
    Turns out 3 cogs were broken so I did have to pretty much take the whole thing to bits!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyper View Post
    Depends on which cog is broken, most likely its the small one in the mirrors cylinder, if so you only need to dismantle the bottom screws to remove the top shield and then you can already remove the cylinder shield to get to the cog. If however it's one of the cogs in the cog series, you have to remove about 50 screws... I did both without breaking the thing, just take your time

Thank Post
    Just spoken to a man called Paul Day on this phone number 0871 703 4178 and i am getting mine repaired. The warranty has been extended on these projectors with this fault for up to 5 years.
    His email address is also paul.day@hitachi-eu.com
    Hope this helps everyone

6. 2 Thanks to kai91:

eddyc (19th August 2013), strawberry (25th September 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kai91 View Post
    Just spoken to a man called Paul Day on this phone number 0871 703 4178 and i am getting mine repaired. The warranty has been extended on these projectors with this fault for up to 5 years.
    His email address is also paul.day@hitachi-eu.com
    Hope this helps everyone
    Paul has been brilliant and has extended the warranty to 5 years and done a de\reinstall on all of the projectors we had with the mirror fault. The standard 3 year warranty applies to all other faults but all in all, I've been very impressed with Hitachi - thanks Kai for sharing his contact details.

Thank Post
    +1 for Paul Day, amazing service.

Thank Post
    Hmm just found this thread. It's a shame Hitachi Australia isn't the same as EU cause they are no longer offering to cover the cost of labour to repair these projectors after 3 years. Although they will provide the part free to the service centre, they won't let me buy just the part so I can replace it myself. Instead they want to charge $250. That's just too much for a tiny little cracked cog if you ask me.

Thank Post
    Just phoned Paul and he was very helpful . Should be getting a swap out tomorrow.

Thank Post
    Just had one pack up half way through an Ofsted observation.

Thank Post
    We bought 16 ED-A111s and several developed the motor fault and all were replaced within warranty. We also had issues with lamps not turning on and having to do a power cycle. As others have said on the forum, kudos to Paul Day from Hitachi who was really helpful when we had issues.

All our projectors are now out of warranty, so I'm pleased to read that Hitachi are honouring warranty repairs, at least on the motor issue.

Thank Post
    Can I suggest we nominate Paul Day for Edugeek Star of the Month? He's come up trumps again. Withing an hour of me emailing him an engineer has been booked for Monday. They would have come tomorrow but it's not convenient with Ofsted in.

Thank Post
    I second that vote for star of the month .

Thank Post
    Dear All. With regard to this issue of the mirror door not opening, Hitachi has been helping and continues to willingly help those that experience this problem up to 5 years from date of purchase. After the 5 years has elapsed then of course repairs are still available but repair will then be out of warranty.

Please send us an email to tech.assist@hitachi-eu.com with the details of the product, model and serial number and the details of the date of purchase if possible and myself or one of my colleagues will assist. If you have no proof of purchase we will use the serial number to guide us on the age of the product.

Repairs / exchanges will then be carried out by our service partner Equinox.

Paul Day
    Service Manager
    Hitachi Europe Ltd
    Digital Media Group

16. 6 Thanks to paday:

AJWhite1970 (9th December 2013), JJonas (14th May 2014), laserblazer (9th December 2013), LisaW (9th December 2013), mtillbrook (8th May 2014), StevieM (28th March 2014)

Thank Post
    @paday can I just say how impressed I am with the way Hitachi has handled this problem. A lot of companies would have tried to wash their hands.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast