+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Starboards not recognised by computers in Technical; Hello fellow edugeeks *hands over a eduhobknob and a brew* right... I'm having some very annoying problems with 2 of ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Starboards not recognised by computers

Hello fellow edugeeks *hands over a eduhobknob and a brew* right...

I'm having some very annoying problems with 2 of our starboards, we have around 20 Hitachi starboards, these are all working fine but we also have two other hitachi starboards which I believe are the FX Trio series boards with multitouch and a digitiser unit at the top. The boards themself have no other markings then "hitachi starboard" wrote on them. I have tryed using versions 6 throught to 10 of the starboard software and I know before these new computers they were using version 6 but regardless of which piece of software I still have the same error message that a starboard is not connected.

The digitiser light at the top of the board is still red and doesn't change green, I have tryed multiple USB cables on both including the one previously used on the machine with no luck, they are under 5meters long and all drivers supplied on all the starboard software cd's has been tryed.

Please help edugeeks! *Hands out a cape with EG wrote on it to who ever helps*

Thank Post
    This might sound stupid but the Starboards we have, have a power button to the right hand side behind the board...is it switched on? Today I've come across one that has no power going to it even though the PSU is fine (good old multimeters eh).

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZD88 View Post
    This might sound stupid but the Starboards we have, have a power button to the right hand side behind the board...is it switched on? Today I've come across one that has no power going to it even though the PSU is fine (good old multimeters eh).
    I'll take a look but the red standby state style light is on and these boards draw their power over USB, they are not like some other Starboards which have the small PSU on the side mains power.

Thank Post
    I am having this same problem. I've got a Starboard FX TRIO-77S, powered by USB but I've been able to get it connect twice so far but as soon as I log off the admin account and log on as a staff member it stops detecting it. The USB itself is being detected by the computer it just doesn't seem to register as the board. I have all the correct drivers and have tried both old and new software, does the same on both. Works once then stops.

Did you ever find a solution for this?

Thank Post
    I had this problem with a USB powered Promethean board. It worked on some computers but not others. It turned out that the USB wasn't putting out enough power on the computers it wouldn't work on. I found it varies from motherboard to motherboard. The solution I came up with was to install a USB 3.0 card as USB 3.0 can supply a lot more power, the card I used plugged into a PCI-E 1x port and had a molex connection on it to supply the power. Never had a problem since.

Link for the card I used.
    Transcend PCI Express Interface USB 3.0 Dual Expansion Card (TS-PDU3) - Aria Technology

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread