+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Any Smartboard Technicians in the North East? in Technical; Hi All, The school have purchased and installed a second hand smartboard, which does not seam to be working, projector ...

Thank Post

Any Smartboard Technicians in the North East?

Hi All,

The school have purchased and installed a second hand smartboard, which does not seam to be working, projector works and is on but then when a computer is connected the projector goes off, tried a laptop and fn +f5 key and also a desktop with splitter box and still same.
    I have no other ideas on what to do. If any one has any suggestions please let me know.
    Or if anyone knows of a firm in or around Darlington that will have a look please PM me.

TIA

Thank Post
    Bit of a strange one that. The projector and whiteboard should work independantly. I don't necessarily think this is a problem caused by the whiteboard. How's it all setup? Was the projector and connection to it already there before you had the whiteboard installed or did have them put in along with the whiteboard?

Thank Post
    Does the projector actually turn itself off or does it just go blank? It could be the resolution on the pc/laptop being set to high .. try setting it to the minumim and see if that makes any difference
    Chers
    Brian

Thank Post
    Im not at the school at the moment, but its one of those all in one things. The projector is sort of built into the arm on the smartboard.
    You turn everything on and the projector comes on shows a screen saying something like what do you want to do connect to a computer usb conect to a video ect.

then you turn the computer on and after about 5-10 seconds the procector goes blank

Thank Post
    Hi Matt, please dont tell me its a Unifi35 but what make is the projector please and does it go blank or shut down?

If you unplug the PC does it come on again?

Marc
    Projector Engineer

Thank Post
    Hi Mark, it is a unifi35. I think its a vixill ultra close projector. But wont be able to get in the room for another hour to check.

Thank Post
    Hi Matt unfortunatly Unifi35 are not the best projector, i am trying to be as kind as i can here, search for it in here you will see what i mean.
    Does it shut down or just blank the screen if you leave it connected does all fans stop after 5 mins or so?

or is it just blanking the screen so if you remove the connection to the computer does it come back on from a blank screen?

Marc
    Projector Engineer

Thank Post
    Hi Mark,

Nothing really to do with me the school got it with out asking me. Right just been in it seams to blank the screen i get a What would you like to do screen Smartboard 600i

Connect a computer and it blanks the screen. when I unplug its still a blanked screen the fans are still going

Thank Post
    I think the best thing i can do is give you my mobile if you want to ring me as this could take all week like this 07843 340415 and i promise not to try to sell you anything, this is for free advice only.

Marc
    Projector Engineer

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread