+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Casio Warranty in Technical; In a bit of a rush and my google skills are failing me. Does anyone know what the warrenty is ...

Thank Post

Casio Warranty

In a bit of a rush and my google skills are failing me.
    Does anyone know what the warrenty is on the Casio XJ-A130 projector?

As always, thanks very much.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yes, its 5 year lamp and projector. Call Casio support, or your reseller if you dont have their details. Usually turned round in a week.

Thank Post
    5 years or 10,000 hours to be more accurate - this only applies to education though - business is 3 year or 6,000 hours

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 1,026 Posts
    Also make sure you make them pay for it to be collected - they wanted us to send it to them to fix... I refused and they sent a courier to collect.

Thank Post
    Out of interest can you tell me what is wrong with it please, also do you really get a lamp warrenty on a lampless projector?

Marc
    Projector Engineer

Thank Post
    I can confirm it's 5 years or 10,000 hours for education but the XJ-A130 is going EOL so once the current stock has gone, that's it!

7. Thanks to Millgate from:

ihaveaproblem (6th October 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc-Engineer View Post
    Out of interest can you tell me what is wrong with it please, also do you really get a lamp warrenty on a lampless projector?

Marc
    Projector Engineer
    Hi Marc,

I don’t own any of these projectors. I am looking at buying some new projectors and I’ve heard good things about these projectors so am just doing some research.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts
    I assume it's more accurately the light source being warranted for 10,000 as it doesn't have a lamp.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveaproblem View Post
    Hi Marc,

I donít own any of these projectors. I am looking at buying some new projectors and Iíve heard good things about these projectors so am just doing some research.

Aye we've got a load of the A series and some of the newer M series and had problems with neither.

We've purchased from @Millgate and had installs from them for the M series ones we've got and they are nice projectors

Thank Post
    This to think about they are not as bright as lets say a standred Epson X9 and nowhere as sharp well reported is the colour tint and colour rendition problems they have and also they are more expencive and contry to poluler belife you do need to have them deep cleaned every 100 hrs or so i have done many of them now.
    Look at this link Casio XJ-A130 projector

Marc
    Projector Engineer

Thank Post
    Marc

There is no need to deep clean them evry 100 hours (thats 3/4 weeks in a normal school) ive got 2 that have done over 1000 hours now and they are as good as they were new (have done a side by side comparison to see). Dust them off when cold (off for a while) and keep all obvious external vents clear with a light blow.

No problems at all

THanks

james

Thank Post
    Ordered some casio a130's from Luke. May be some bad reviews and some people saying avoid due to overheating, however there is plenty of good comments and i've seen a demo of them before and they are very neat and plus the warranty is very good so if something does go wrong It's likely to still be under warranty.
    Just for comparrison. One of the epson projectors here ( It is a old one ) lamp needed replacing today. I checked the hours on the lamp and it was a little under 2000. Wasnt that impressed ^^ These Casio's should last much much longer... and if they dont, I'll use the warranty

(Not saying epson are bad. They are likely very good. It was just an example)

14. Thanks to ihaveaproblem from:

Millgate (6th October 2011)

Thank Post
    My only criticisms from our experience with the A series have been the noise level of the A140 - had to compromise on brightness and shunt down to Eco mode to make it bearable. A130 was not as loud. I hear that's since been rectified in successor models.

If using pixie controllers, the menu sequence isn't quite compatible. We've had to bodge it up by turning a volume up down button into a Change (Source) and Confirm button.
    One unit had a hdmi error message stay on screen from the start (even though we weren't using HDMI), but Casio repaired that.

Despite these snags, I do really like them. They're well worth it, and unless something else better comes along, we'll be sticking with Casio for any new ceiling mount projectors.

Thank Post
    I'm very happy with the Casios we've had. The A130s have the obvious edge in flexibility due to their ridiculously huge zoom, but I do prefer the new M130s. The standard AV ports and quieter operation of the Ms, I imagine due to the larger chassis and fans, edge it for me, even though you haven't got as much to play with in terms of throw range.

Has anyone got any of the short throw version? I'd be interested to hear thoughts on those.
    Last edited by jtotheb; 7th October 2011 at 09:55 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesreedersmith View Post
    Marc

There is no need to deep clean them evry 100 hours (thats 3/4 weeks in a normal school) ive got 2 that have done over 1000 hours now and they are as good as they were new (have done a side by side comparison to see). Dust them off when cold (off for a while) and keep all obvious external vents clear with a light blow.

No problems at all

THanks

james
    Your quite right it was a trypo its 1000 hrs for avarage deep clean but it depends on your school i have seen some schools go to 2000hrs and some that need cleaning every 700 or so, also an interesting point cleaning the filters to often makes the problem worse (dont confuse deep clean with filter clean, deep clean can ONLY be done by an engineer in a workshop).

Marc
    Projector Engineer

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread