One of our departments has a set of D-Link DSB-C310 webcams which they want to use with our laptops, I have downloaded the drivers after some hunting around D-links archives and put them in a shared area, I then tested a couple of cdesktop and laptops machines with the webcam, every time you plug the webcam in you have the normal prompt of XP new hardware found do you want to find the drivers or select a location to search removable drives etc....

Well I select the area contaning the drivers, drivers are found, windows does its thing and the cam works. Remove the webcam and plug it back in the user is prompted for hardware setup, new device detected once again. I'm aware the webcams are pretty old and were discontinued Jnuary 2008...and they are not windows 7 compatible which we will require next year so I have proposed the purchase of some nice new logitech ones with a nice exe install with softwre and drivers which I have tested and confirm no problems but I wondered if anyone here could help to avoid these C310's being thrown away.

Thanks.