+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Resolution locked to 1024 x 768 on monitor and projector in Technical; ok this is confusing me now. The projector i'm trying this on is an NEC NP305. On the spec sheet ...

Thank Post
    ok this is confusing me now. The projector i'm trying this on is an NEC NP305. On the spec sheet here: NEC Projector NP610 NP510 NP410 NP405 NP310 NP305: Projector Lineup | NEC Display Solutions It says the max res it can do is 1600 x 1200. But yet it keeps forcing the res to 1024 x 768!!!! there is a setting in the menu to enable WXGA mode, turned that on and nothing happens and i've played about changing the aspect ratio but still it wont let me up the res on the computer. Is this normal or what?

Thank Post
    so i've figured out the problem. The problem occurs when you use a VGA extension. a single VGA cable from computer to projector allows us to change the res to anything. One you add an extension cable it only allows you to go to 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600. So i'm assuming the vga wall panels we have installed are causing the same problem and acting just like an extension. With the extension we tried removing pin 12 but still wont work. So i know the cause of the problem now, just not how to fix it if i want to use a projector and clone it to a monitor. any ideas?

Thank Post
    Farquea,

it sounds like your source device is struggling to read the EDID information of your projector. This is kind of the opposite problem to that being described by one reply of removing pin 12 from the wall plate (pin 12 carries the EDID display information). What you probably need is something to emulate the EDID information at the source end.
    The best way to check this is to download the free Extron EDID Manager software from their website (extron.co.uk) this will show you the information the PC is receiving from it's display devices, i get the feeling it won't show anything, or have corrupt information from the projector. If this is the case you need a small in-line box such as the Extron EDID 101 device, which will allow you to either capture the exact projector EDID file and present it to the PC at the earliest point in the signal chain, or manually select the output res/refresh you require the PC to output.

Regards

Kev

Thank Post
    i've figured it out. I just had to disable the EDID info on the computer graphics card, and that let me set the correct res on my monitor which the projector then follows suit, so its all fixed!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by farquea View Post
    i've figured it out. I just had to disable the EDID info on the computer graphics card, and that let me set the correct res on my monitor which the projector then follows suit, so its all fixed!
    TBH your pretty lucky - some Projectors tend to just say signal out of range if you try that!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12