+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Sound Cards in Technical; OK I have lost it now and am stuck!! I have 2 cards in my machine - SoundMax Integrated Digital ...
    Thank Post

Lightbulb Sound Cards

OK I have lost it now and am stuck!!

I have 2 cards in my machine - SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio (Intel D865GLC) & C-Media CMI8738/C3DX Audio Device (The C-Media being the default playback hooked up to the surround sound speakers).

My problem is thus - How do I get headphones to work on the CMedia without having to rive my machine out from the desk and plug them into the sound card ? - I have a headphone Jack on the front of my machine but I dont think it is working on the Cmedia sound card- if people get my drift, the front Jack worked until the CMedia card was put in and now the jack doesnt work.?

I have tried playing an MP3 and turned the volume up on both sound cards and sound comes through on the main CMedia card (through speakers) but not through headphones plugged into the front jack even when switched over in Volume And Sound Manager.

Any Ideas ?????

Thank Post
    You need to open up the case, unplug the headphone connector from the motherboard and connect it to the sound card.

3. Thanks to K.C.Leblanc from:

cpjitservices (11th May 2011)

Thank Post
    looked at that - totally diffrent connectors from - the one on the board is a six pin and the one on the card only has 4 pins

Thank Post
    If I add an audio cable from the AUX On board sound to the AUX on the card that should work shouldnt it ??

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjitservices View Post
    If I add an audio cable from the AUX On board sound to the AUX on the card that should work shouldnt it ??
    Don't think it will - AUX is an input, not an output.

You need to find the headphone output on the Cmedia card, and then work out how to make the jack plug on the PC work with it. There's a chance the 6 pin plug is a 'loop through' one with a microswitch in which cuts the sound to the rear jack plug when a headphone jack is inserted. If you can isolate which cables in the 6-pin plug are the sound input, you should be able to make it work with the 4-pin plug on the C-media card. I expect you'll only need 3 cables to be hooked up as the 4 pin output probably has 2 grounds, but the headphone plug only needs one. (That sort of makes sense I hope.)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread