+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Sony VPL-EX7 help in Technical; Hi, My first post on here, but would appreciate any advice anyone can offer. Since cleaning a few of our ...

Thank Post

Unhappy Sony VPL-EX7 help

Hi, My first post on here, but would appreciate any advice anyone can offer.

Since cleaning a few of our Sony VPL-EX7s (filter and general dusty exterior) with an air compressor, the picture is MUCH more blurry and generally darker. It looks as if the lamp is now on it's last legs.
    But the projectors are less than 6 months old, so I'd say the likeliness of the lamp life being an issue is very slim. I'm suspecting something I did while cleaning has caused an issue. Perhaps a displacement of dust, or air pressure pushing an internal mechanism out of alignment?
    All of these projectors were off when cleaned, but I'm worried I didn't leave sufficient time for it to cool before I went at it with the compressor, so this could be an issue.
    Let just say I won't be using an air compressor next time...

I'd like to resolve this one myself, but a bit of guidance would be great before I start taking them apart - there is still warranty on all devices, but I don't think this is something Sony would support.
    Any suggestions to what this problem could be? And is there a maintenance manual available for this projector?

Many thanks in advance.
    Dan

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,129 Times in 1,025 Posts
    You May find that the bulbs that came with it are not bulbs which last the full amount of hours - same with a printer they are only half full cartridges etc

Thank Post
    Hi thanks for the reply. The lamp in all projectors is the LMP-E191, which is the standard replacement lamp from Sony, so the lamp life would be the same as expected of a new bulb. All Sony projectors we've had in the past including these have always shipped with standard retail lamps, so I doubt it would be that.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread