+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Casio laser led projectors in Technical; Have all the current models been discontinued? Ben...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,495 Times in 1,341 Posts

Casio laser led projectors

Have all the current models been discontinued?

Ben

Thank Post
    I don't think they have. I got an email from a supplier mentioning 3 new ranges of the Casio LED projectors. The Casio website makes no mention about them being discontinued.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts
    Wow Ben you pipped me to it, going to do a post tomorrow on it, or maybe you read my facebook and failed to comment on the FB

Yes in short the A range has all been scrapped and replaced with the M range I got an email at the start of the month about what was going on, although the A range will float around no more are being made and thus anyone whos still got back orders for high end A units which have not been around at times will be after a certain part be fulfilled with the equivalent from the M Range.

Basically the A range has had some issues, one of which is over-heating as a few on here have found out, and there isn't an easy way to cure that in such a small unit so the new ones are a little bit bigger to allow larger fans and its now silent in use These units were NOT at BETT, the BETT model was the Short Throw projector so before anyone thinks they were at BETT, nope they wern't I'm afraid. Very bad of Casio IMHO, but never mind.

New ones are available from May so the PR from Casio says, I have got hold of one already as its actually sat here under my desk I was showing @Soulfish it tonight and will do a review for it tomorrow (Friday) for on here You just pipped me to the posting of info on it.
    Last edited by john; 29th April 2011 at 12:49 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,495 Posts
    This explains this offer from CPLTD Casio Educational Bulbless Projectors

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,785 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They're actually releasing 3 new ranges:

The standard XJ-M range,
    The short throw XJ-ST range,
    and the XJ-H pro range.

The standard range will contain the models that most closely match their current offerings with lamps between 2000 and 3000 lumens, the short throw range is kinda self explanatory and the pro range will contain 2 new models with 3500 lumens lamps.

Size-wise, they look to be about double the thickness of the old models, which is a shame from a portability point of view but good from a cooling point of view. They've also expanded the connectivity on the back panel, allowing things like RCA and S-Video to be plugged directly into the unit without the need for an adapter. Also, they've added wired LAN connectivity and RS232 ports.

The ST and H models also have dual VGA inputs and a VGA output too, along with some natty interactive capabilities via a pointer which will be sold separately.

That said, we've not had any issues yet with our 5 old models of various types (XJ-130, XJ-140, XJ-240 all currently in use).

There's a press release on their site about it - Press - CASIO Projectors

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    This explains this offer from CPLTD Casio Educational Bulbless Projectors
    Not that there is much stock of the A Range left floating around from what I can find, the A130 has very much gone so it seemed to be stock on shelves in UK being the last of that as I was after an A130 to finish doing a primary and then was given the info from Casio about the future and the M range (which is basically the new A range), and I paid a lot less for my new M130 than that offer link for an A130,

@localzuk the Short Throw was launched at BETT this year as we all were HOW HUGE as it was a monster in size!
    Last edited by john; 29th April 2011 at 12:03 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,785 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We got a couple of the last A240's and an A135 at the end of Feb/beginning of March. Think we were buying some of the last stock at that point from what our reseller was telling us. The 130 was gone by then.

the Short Throw was launched at BETT this year as we all were HOW HUGE as it was a monster in size
    Indeed, it looks huge in the pics on their site too.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Yep the newer m series is about double as thick as the a range. I've actually got 2 arriving to me Tuesday Wednesday next week. Will play with them and post back once its arrived

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    Yep the newer m series is about double as thick as the a range. I've actually got 2 arriving to me Tuesday Wednesday next week. Will play with them and post back once its arrived
    I'm just finishing making sense of my article (as I'm doing it as an article to stick on the site) so will submit tomorrow but its as big as the old HP VP6110 projectors (ironic as that is what the one here is replacing in a local primary school!)

Thank Post
    @john no it was becuase I read your FB mate and just wanted to throw it to the masses

Interesting, I actually don't think an increase in size is a bad thing especially to allow for better cooling.

Ben

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hello Plexer,

The new range is out and we have been told from two separate suppliers that they are available from mid May. Judging on the stock constraints last time with Casio and the inital release of these projectors I am hoping that mid May is actually the case. The price point is set to be around the same mark we have also been told.

In the meantime, we have stock of the existing ones and if you are interested in a particluar model please PM me with details and I will check to see if we still have any left.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Thank Post
    Press - CASIO Projectors

Click on the link for the press release about the new ones - doh!!!!

They are still promoting the "green" slimline ones.

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 1,012 Posts
    My 2 are to be here tomorrow supposedly

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    My 2 are to be here tomorrow supposedly
    Sounds about right, my local AV man can get them next day no issues as a friend got one from him today which was ordered pre-bank holiday weekend. Let me know what you think when you get it

Thank Post
    The M series has indeed landed however most have already been snapped up by wily suppliers or been used to fulfil back orders.

As with the previous Casio release make sure you go to a reputable Casio reseller and they should be able to get you the product in a reasonable time scale.

The big thing to note with the new version is the throw is no where near as encompassing as the A range so make sure you check your throw distances if replacing an older unit!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast