+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Casio laser led projectors in Technical; Originally Posted by DarrenC The big thing to note with the new version is the throw is no where near ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,645 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenC View Post
    The big thing to note with the new version is the throw is no where near as encompassing as the A range so make sure you check your throw distances if replacing an older unit!
    That's a real shame. In the future when we want to replace projectors with them, it increases our cost by a couple of hundred quid per install then if it can't simply be slotted in. Previously, I could just change the unicol mount. Does anyone know why they change the optics like this?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,526 Posts
    I was thinking the same thing the versatility of the old ones was amazing.

I guess it's because they now have a manual zoom/focus?

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,645 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by avrickyboy View Post
    what is the general feeling about the older Casio projectors? I got a xj-a140 into stock and compared it with a Sanyo XD2200. The results were that the Sanyo unit's image was much brighter and the Casio didn't replicate the colour well enough. The only upside to a Casio unit is that the throw ratio was amazing, it could replace nearly any projector in a school!
    When comparing the quality with the projectors these were used to replace, there's no contest - the Casio's were far superior. Sure, they might not be super high quality in terms of image, compared with LCD devices, but when you take into account the TCO of the units, and their throw range, they won hands down.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avrickyboy View Post
    what is the general feeling about the older Casio projectors? I got a xj-a140 into stock and compared it with a Sanyo XD2200. The results were that the Sanyo unit's image was much brighter and the Casio didn't replicate the colour well enough. The only upside to a Casio unit is that the throw ratio was amazing, it could replace nearly any projector in a school!
    I've got quite a few casio's now and it is something we will be rolling out more of.

The throw is something that is amazing - we can pretty much replace any projector with these and they perform solidy - especially with a 5 year warranty!

The XJ-M130 just arrived and i have to say although i thought it was double the size of the other it still seems pretty big!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,526 Posts
    @glennda watch out though as the throw on the new models isn't quite as good I don't think.

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    @glennda watch out though as the throw on the new models isn't quite as good I don't think.

Ben
    Yeah i've noticed its currently sitting on my desk projecting a video on the wall

Thank Post
    License issues aside, does anyone know if Smart Notebook will be fully functional with the interactive pen?
    ...actually, same goes for the Epson interactive. Can anyone comment on Smart compatibility with these interactive projectors?

Thank Post
    As far as I am aware the functionality of the software is fully functional with interactive projectors HOWEVER the licensing is the big issue as Smart refuse to license notebook software with interactive projectors. Before you look at replacing all IWB's I would speak to your reseller and get something in writing to back up your use of the software.

Thank Post
    I see. Yes, Smart have clearly been getting worried. They've upped their game with the 800 series in response I guess.

Thank Post
    License issues aside, does anyone know if Smart Notebook will be fully functional with the interactive pen?
    ...actually, same goes for the Epson interactive. Can anyone comment on Smart compatibility with these interactive projectors?
    What are these interactive projectors you talk about?

Si
    PS confirm that the throw on the XJ-M140 is no-where near as adjustable as the old 130 - I've bought 2 of them and got away with it in one school, but now have a smaller image than before on a 680 smartboard at another

Thank Post
    Like these:
    Epson BrightLink 450Wi Interactive Projector - Product Information - Epson America, Inc.

Instead of a board, it picks up the signal from a pen. Similar technology to the wii controller I hear.

12. Thanks to exim from:

SimpleSi (20th June 2011)

Thank Post
    There are now a number of interactive projectors, Hitachi, Epson, and Sanyo all do them in an ultra short throw model, and the new Casio short throw also has interactive capability!

They work in a very similar way to ebeam by using an electronic pen rather than relating to the board itself. They are a cheaper option than an IWB however the pens are quite costly and of course the software is much more basic than notebook or activinspire.

Simple Si there is still stock of the A series Casio's in the UK but they are limited to a small number of top Casio partners. If you do require the large throw ratio they provide I would suggest cointacting Casio for them to give you a steer on where you can get one.

Thank Post
    I believe Stone Computers are still supplying the XJ-A130 for ~£659..

Thank Post
    We purchased 8 Casio XJ-A140 projectors last month from Office Supplies, Stationery, Furniture | Penkeths

Ask for Martin Taylor. At the time they had the XJ-A130 and XJ-A140 as well as the new M Series.

Thank Post
    Man, those A140s are loud. We shunted down to eco mode just because of the noise in standard mode

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12