+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, I think we have a ground loop in Technical; Had a problem with a projector for months, ever since I started here, the image from the PC has a ...

Thank Post

I think we have a ground loop

Had a problem with a projector for months, ever since I started here, the image from the PC has a constant flicker.
    Tried running a new cable, a new VGA splitter, tried a new PC, and none worked. I knew it wasnt the projector because connecting it to my laptop worked fine.

So after reading a random thread on here the other day about ground loops causing interference, I tried plugging the projector in to the same wall point as the other equipment is plugged into - and voila the flickering is gone!

I also tried with other power sockets round the room but they seem to induce flicker too, only the one with the PC/splitter connected to it works.

So what do I do? I could run a load of extension leads and plug the projector in by the PC rather than on the ceiling. But that would look a bit messy.
    Or is there something an electrician can do? We have a regular one, who I assume fitted the sockets in the first place, what would I need to ask him for?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,861 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd say you want to get the electrician to change the power source for the projector to be a spur off the socket the rest of the stuff is plugged into.

Thank Post
    Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread