+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Active Board Install in Technical; ok, well on that particular model it does say on the promethean website that it can only be installed by ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,496 Times in 1,342 Posts
    ok, well on that particular model it does say on the promethean website that it can only be installed by a certified promethean installer and apparently they will not sell them without this info allthough I still can't see why.

Ben

Thank Post
    Advised to use a promethean certified installer, as indeed i am, we have regular training updates and our installs can be tracked back to individual installers, use an un-cerified installer at your own risk!

Thank Post
    money spinner, nothing less, nothing more

Thank Post
    The accreditation program has been around for a good few years now and was introduction on the first height adjustable Activ board system. I think the main reason for the program, was the system was very complex containing lots of parts and could be dangerous if not installed correctly. Accredited engineers are kept up to date with product updates which are vital to be competent enough to complete installations correctly. All accredited engineers carry a Promethean accredited ID card, so if in doubt request to view it from your engineer.

Thank Post
    It is only the +2 systems that Promethean insist on an accredited installer. The reseller needs to register the warranty and in doing so need to register who the accredited installer that fitted it was.

It may seem like a money spinner but the original +2 systems were indeed quite hazardous if installed incorrectly with hydrolics that could trap cables etc in the back.

I do not see anything wrong with accrediting installers, it shows the engineers are trained and understand the equipment they are installing.

I have seen some horrendous installations of AV kit in schools and am constantly amazed at what some people think pass as an acceptable install.

These interactive boards are meant to be used by kids, and as such, surely should be installed in a safe manner.

Im not saying smaller local companies would not do a good job as often these guys do a decent job and support the schools well after the install. Sometimes they can do a cheaper job as they are local with less overheads. I would say however that a cheap price is not always indicative of value for money!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenC View Post
    It is only the +2 systems that Promethean insist on an accredited installer.

fair enough, more like common sense than money spinner then.

Thank Post
    They need to be installed by an approved installer because of the weight and stresses on the wall and to make sure the unit is assembled correctly it is an expencive unit to have installed by someone who may miss something and damage either the unit or a user, and it has happened that they have come away from the walls or hit ceiling and even caught fire. So please check if your installer is approved normal installation price is around 350 for a vari height system.
    And yes it does void if none approved is used. Every install has to be notified to Promethean to activate warrenty by approved installer.

Marc
    Projector Engineer

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12