+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Question about services from Virgin Media? in Technical; Just got Virgin Media TV, when I subscribed I was impressed when they sent me a Cisco set top box ...
    Thank Post

Question about services from Virgin Media?

Just got Virgin Media TV, when I subscribed I was impressed when they sent me a Cisco set top box and used excellent quality cabling but are there hidden charges behind all there "amazing services". My Virgin Media Set top box is HD ready, and the exact words from the person on the phone when I signed up for it was "you can get excellent pictures with this HD box, you are able to watch HD channels via this box". Yes I am able to watch HD channels if I pay a one off subscription fee of 49.99 or as I like to call 50. I asked exactly what this 49.99 is for and the reply was it is for activation, and my reply was; well I feel that it costs Virgin no extra to provide me with HD channels and I asked what the call representative thought; and she said from a professional point of view she isn't prepared to answer. Can anybody else back me up with stories of being mislead by Virgin Media? I really am not happy and would like some other views on this if possible?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 624 Posts
    Mislead by Virgin Media ? Surely not. The company is full of double standards, rip off prices, terrible customer support and an overall complete discontent of it's customers. I will have to say they have to be one of the worst companies in the country. How they continue to operate is quite amazing. I think they call it a monopoly or something.......

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I can't believe I'm defending Virgin Media but it's hardly a hidden charge - Set Top Box | V HD & V+ HD Set Top Boxes - Virgin Media Shop has a big box saying "how much does V HD cost" which lists the 50 charge.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Oh don't get me started with Virgin... oh ok then...

[To be completed when I get to work, my story takes some effort!]

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,862 Posts
    Blog Entries
    At least you can get HD channels, BT are still yet to produce a Freeview HD version of their Vision box.

Thank Post
    I have had VM for 5 years ... and are the best ISP I have been with so far.

Things go pear shaped if you ever have issues, since there call centers/support can be a bind.

I have never had any issues and continue to get the speeds im paying for, cant ask for more really.

Thank Post
    Sorry? Are we talking about the same Virgin that I use? Not flawless, but which company is? Any technical problems have been rectified fairly quickly, normally only delayed by me not being home much!

I fairly recently upgraded to HD, the price is clearly displayed, and the box arrived next day. Simple install, one phone call to an English girl and it was activated. Simples.

Thank Post
    Yeah - their customer support & services leave something to be desired, but their products are pretty good - I'm getting a solid 30Mb on my broadband, and the HD is OK - but hard to see any difference on my 32" TV. THe costs are fairly clearly marked, but they are always open to haggling.

Thank Post
    I was on BT broadband paying for 'up to 8mb' my line would only support 5mb and I got 3mb so I moved to Virgin as I have a cable outside my door. I now have 20mb broadband on one of their packages with telephone TV and HD set top box. Brilliant. The service so far has been excellent.

Thank Post
    I agree, internet is amazing, phone is brill! Very fast, and I seem to be getting 19.8mb speed according to speed test websites, but if you ever have any issues with the service; good luck with complaining :-)

Thank Post
    Can't fault Virgin here either. Everything has always been clear. Internet is 10mb and according to speed checkers I get as good as that. The only time I had to call them (to give them my new address) I ended up on a better deal for my calls too. They brought it up after I'd given them the new address and not hinted at leaving them.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'll be honest, it wasn't their technical services that was the problem, but rather the fact that their customer service people LIED outright about their competitors. Basically when I phone up to leave, the tried to con me by saying that Sky (who I am moving to) don't offer uncapped internet, even paid, which is a lie, and that any price they quote is not allowed to include BT line rental, which again is a lie.

Long story short I called their bluff, complained, etc etc and will be off tomorrow. Never to return.

My gripe was I will fight for anything, but I know a lot of people including elderly folk who would take their lies on face value and not be getting value for money!

#EndRant

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread