+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Recommended manufacturer for projector management software in Technical; Hi, My AV Dept are replacing all the projectors during Easter on one level of the school and I have ...

Thank Post

Recommended manufacturer for projector management software

Hi,
    My AV Dept are replacing all the projectors during Easter on one level of the school and I have said that they must be able to plug into the network for management. I was hoping their contractor would recommend a good make as the usability of the software is key.

I'd like to know your opinions are on the different makes such as NEC and Sanyo.
    Is the software much the same? Or any particular cons to look out for?

It's key that they can monitor them and allow alerts to be sent to generated for cleaning of filters/ replacement of bulbs. Also power management is key.

Many thanks

Thank Post
    Epson units have good software with timers to auto shut off if teachers forget and usual lamp life filter cleans etc. as do Sanyo.
    Epson can also be switched on or off from central location.

Marc
    Projector Engineer

Thank Post
    Cheers Marc,
    There is surprisingly very little info out there- including from the manufacturers on this topic.
    I haven't spoken to the contractor directly as it's not apart of my remit but I really ought to.
    Joe
    Last edited by joematthews; 27th March 2011 at 09:08 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joematthews View Post
    Hi,
    My AV Dept are replacing all the projectors during Easter on one level of the school and I have said that they must be able to plug into the network for management. I was hoping their contractor would recommend a good make as the usability of the software is key.

I'd like to know your opinions are on the different makes such as NEC and Sanyo.
    Is the software much the same? Or any particular cons to look out for?

It's key that they can monitor them and allow alerts to be sent to generated for cleaning of filters/ replacement of bulbs. Also power management is key.

Many thanks
    You could always go for the Casio bulbless variety... many of us have. Five year warranty, no bulbs to replace and no filters to clean... sheer heaven!

5. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

joematthews (27th March 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    You could always go for the Casio bulbless variety... many of us have. Five year warranty, no bulbs to replace and no filters to clean... sheer heaven!
    Ah that's an excellent point! I'll certainly put it to AV.

Thank Post
    But actually you do need to clean them same as any other i have cleaned several already, they clog up just like any other if they have a fan they will suck in dust and need cleaning.
    Its nothing to do with the lamp, no lamp does not mean no cleaning.
    Marc
    Projector Engineer

Thank Post
    There are a variety of projectors out there that have the ability to give this kind of info. What you will find is that virtually all projectors which have an RJ45 port use it for just this reason. There are virtually no projectors which can take images etc over the network. Hitachi, Epson, Sanyo NEC all have models that can report this info and obviously the casio has no bulb as well, another bonus.

I would first consider if you want standard throw projectors or short throw (or ultra short throw), what lumens you need etc... Then I would speak to your prefered reseller and ask to see a demo of each of the units, if you are replacing a decent number and they are a half way reasonable dealer, they should be able to arrange this for you.

If you post a bit more info I could be a bit more specific for you.

Thank Post
    Networked projectors are great. Our Epsons can be managed remotely, you can even switch source centrally, check lamp status, pick up error messages.

The Epson EB-450Wi (possibly others) have the capability of receiving visual 'messages' broadcast from a PC anywhere on the network; we tested this by sending a jpeg image to 45 units simultaneously last week. The message can be sent at a particular time, the software even turns on the projector if it is in standby. If the projector is in use the message will overlay the image, pressing esc on the projector remote restores the original screen. You can send a timed slide show of jpegs to the projectors too, and control the time per image. It is really easy to take a powerpoint presentation, turn it into a series of jpegs and push it out.

It works a treat..... really easy to use too.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread