+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Viseco Touchless Projector Control in Technical; Wondered if anyone else saw the mailshot from 4front technology yesterday regarding this unit? Viseco | Projector Management Solutions. Basically ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 1,500 Posts

Viseco Touchless Projector Control

Wondered if anyone else saw the mailshot from 4front technology yesterday regarding this unit?

Viseco | Projector Management Solutions.

Basically and installable infrared blaster for your projectors but it includes some nifty features the first being that you don't have to touch it and also that it features a shutdown timer as well.

They're sending me an eval unit out next week so I can report on it when I've finished.

Ben

Thank Post
    I've not had any dealings with the units, but just spent 5 minutes looking at their site and it has left me with one question......

"what's the point"

To me, this is a solution for a problem that simply doesn't exist.

Thank Post
    How can you say it's a problem that doesn't exist?

Projector remotes get lost and universal ones don't always work so it can be expensive to get a replacement.

Yes you can set an auto off timer in the projector itself but this devices gives you another option plus it easily cancelled.

It's hygenic.

There's no remote to get lost so the original remote can be safely stored, there's not fiddling getting the remote in the right spot as you have to do with our hall projector as it's mounted high up.

It's also a way of standardising the control mechanism of various projectors.
    Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    How can you say it's a problem that doesn't exist?

Projector remotes get lost and universal ones don't always work so it can be expensive to get a replacement.

Yes you can set an auto off timer in the projector itself but this devices gives you another option plus it easily cancelled.

It's hygenic.

There's no remote to get lost so the original remote can be safely stored, there's not fiddling getting the remote in the right spot as you have to do with our hall projector as it's mounted high up.

It's also a way of standardising the control mechanism of various projectors.
    Ben
    The most users ever do with the projector is on/off/change source, so not exactly massive training required for those actions. It's usually self explanatory with buttons labelled 'source' and 'on/off' on the remote.

Teachers here keep projectors locked in their drawer. They know that if they get lost/stolen the replacement will come out of their budget.

Auto-off on modern projectors works fine.

It's hygenic, until the teacher has to log onto the computer - the only way to do this is with a 'dirty' keyboard.

I just think it's a problem that doesn't exist (at least here it doesn't), and when staff are taking pay-cuts/getting laid off/budgets are tight I personally think there's better things to spend money on.

Install one of these in each classroom - Hygenic Projector Device - fraction of the cost, all the functionality

Thank Post
    Well all I can is good for you that you don't have any problems with teachers and projectors/projector remotes it must be because like you say they keep their projectors locked in the drawer.

My specific application here will be the projector in our school hall mainly and as that is used by lots of people there is no-one person to control access to the remote.

Ben

Thank Post
    My specific application here will be the projector in our school hall mainly and as that is used by lots of people there is no-one person to control access to the remote.
    That's the only use I could possibly think for one. Definately don't see them being a benefit in a classroom.

Thank Post
    I would have thought ICT suites would again be a good fit no-one person that controls/takes ownership of the projector remote.

Ben

Thank Post
    I would have thought ICT suites would again be a good fit no-one person that controls/takes ownership of the projector remote.

Ben
    Just out of interest, how much do these roughly cost per unit - there's no price guideline on their site

Thank Post
    £120

Ben

Thank Post
    £120

Ben
    And a replacement remote costs ~£30 each (for the models we have here). That means a classroom has to lose a remote 4 times just for it to break even.

Thank Post
    I've seen projector remote replacement costs of £60+ but as we've discussed if your staff look after the equipment then projector controls may be of reduced benifit to you but in more complicated scenarios such as school halls they have a use, also could program it to turn on the projector, select source, turn on the amplifier, select audio input, lower the motorized screen.

More complex uses where you would otherwise have multiple remotes as well.

Ben

12. Thanks to plexer from:

Hightower (6th March 2011)

Thank Post
    Yep, can agree with that

Thank Post
    just recived our trial product.
    opened box dummys guide for use and a techies guide we are all ready imprested.
    going to set it up with our casio to test then after on some of our older products

NDW

Thank Post
    Looks pretty good, had a look at the site. Would be a great tool for busy/ forgetful teachers in the classroom and any other room really. How about a conference room.... in there for hours on end, as soon as possible everyone dashes out as fast as they can, the projector could be left on?

Thank Post
    Ours has just arrived and on first impressions I am sure there will be a lot of interest in this product as it is what shools have been waiting for. By putting your hand up to the unit it switches your projector on, repeat to switch your projector off. If the member of staff leaves their projector on, Viseco will switch it off either 1,2,4 or 8hrs depending on how long you have set the Viseco. I have just spoken to the manufacturer about volume as the price is around £120.00 each and they will do deals. I think it is quite good as new lamps arnt cheap and also spare remotes dont come cheap if they are lost.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast