+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Casio XJ-A130 Purple spotty image in Technical; There is bound to be problems - there always is when new things are released - we have about 5 ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 1,030 Posts
    There is bound to be problems - there always is when new things are released - we have about 5 of these and hopefully with the works we are getting done will have more put in. They are my projector of choice for now - although I do like the look of the ViewSonic Interactive projectors but would need to see it in a school environment rather then just at Bett.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,168 Times in 1,603 Posts
    Unless I have serious problems getting this fixed under warranty, I'm still intending to go ahead with replacing all our projectors with the Casios. I'm hoping we've just been unlucky... it's not like dozens of people have been on edugeek moaning about them.

Thank Post
    just stating an opinion, hopefully they will sort the problems out, but for now the sheer amount of heat they excreet and the filterless technology do not bode well in my estimations, but again thats just my view,

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I had a similar problem with a projector in a church hall. Bizarre colours appearing but not all the time. We had to get a scaffolding tower to get up there and have a look and when we got up there we found a squirrel or a rat had come out of the roof space down the pole and taken some bites out of the vga cable!

Thank Post
    We've got nearly 20 of these now and had some for nearing a year and not had a single issue with any of them :\ fingers crossed it stays that way!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,889 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hullpete View Post
    just stating an opinion, hopefully they will sort the problems out, but for now the sheer amount of heat they excreet and the filterless technology do not bode well in my estimations, but again thats just my view,
    They are simply DLP projectors with a new type of lamp. The heat and filterless aspect has been around for a long time, so I can't see it being a problem.

Thank Post
    Firstly i am pleased it turned out ok in the end as regurds getting it sorted, as for DLP i would think around 1 in 50 projectors are DLP and i do see a lot or the first generation DLP faulty the newer ones not so many (yet) i still think LCD are a better technology reguarding reliability (less wear from moving parts) and definatly better colour rendition on LCD (up to now).
    But i think new thech is a good thing and this is very new tech not lampless as claimed but a new style of combination lamp with a longer life, my only problem (that i can think of) is the half life of the two different types of lamp in the Casio unit, they will age at different rates giving a different colour temp range with age. But hey this is all new, all we can do is wait and see, as they say only time will tell.

Marc
    Projector Engineer

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've been hearing dark muttering coming out of 'Channel Partners' about these projectors. Hard to tell if it's just that these things are going to completely shake up the market and the resellers are scared of loosing their cash cow (bulb sales) or whether there are real insidious technical issues.

That said, I did once have a large batch of projectors that we really poor performers. They were branded OEM jobs. Very quickly the Chinese manufacturer stepped up to the plate to ensure we received a good service for the three years of the warranty - even shipping us spare stock and a shipping crate with preprinted labels to ensure minimum disruption possible given the failure rate (sometime 1 a month). So even if they turn out to be dogs, as long as the manufacturer honors the warranty there shouldn't be much impact to the end user.

It'll be interesting to hear how they handle the dust issue.

Thank Post
    When I rang they were very pleasant and agreed to take it straight in to look at it. It's a joy to speak to a UK based support desk!

Thank Post
    I must dissagree strongly i find DLP NOT to be a proven tech, i see more DLP faulty than is normal for the amount that is out there, i often see broken colour wheels, it is (in my opinion) a poor tech, i see far les (by percentege) LCD machines.
    There are too many moving parts and timing issues with DLP they can not possibley last as long as LCD. and they are not as efficiant with power consuption or light output as LCD (EG. Epson X9).
    And by comparasen have poor colour rendition.

Marc
    Projector Engineer

Thank Post
    To finish off this thread: The projector arrived back from Casio over half term with no explanation other than the invoice for 0 for 'optic repair'. It's back up and working fine.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12