+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, SmartBoard notebooke 10 activation location in Technical; ...

Thank Post

SmartBoard notebooke 10 activation location

Hi,

Do any of you know where the product key is stored for the smartboard notebook 10 software?
    I thought it would be somewhere in the registry but canít find it anywhere.
    I have lots of computers that require activation and I was hoping to find where the key is stored so I can roll it out to all the computers and save me going around them all.

Thanks

Thank Post
    if you download the admin tools you can add the key to your msi and kill updates manage clipart installed etc so wehn deployed its deployed with your options preset

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    if you download the admin tools you can add the key to your msi and kill updates manage clipart installed etc so wehn deployed its deployed with your options preset
    Hi,

Yes i've seen that. The problem is we've deployed the software out already because it was needed asap and at that time i couldnt get hold of a activation key for the software. Now i have the activation key and was hoping i could find where it was stored so i could easily send this to the required computers without going around and doing each manualy.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 1,465 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You should be able to ring Steljes and get one, just need a serial number of one of your boards and they will give you a site licence for it. I did this myself and they were quite friendly. If you can, try to get a guy called Michael Cunningham, he sorted it all for me.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the help guys, however it wasnt quite what i was after because i already had a serial number ( Maybe i didnt explain that so well )
    I contacted Smart directly and they gave me a solution. I'm posting here incase it comes in handy for anyone else.

Please notice the following ‘NB-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX’ part will be your product key for SMART Notebook™ collaborative learning software.
    If you have SMART Notebook 10 SP2 or earlier,
    For windows,
    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\SMART Technologies\SMART Product Update\activationwizard.exe" --suid clash_notebook --m=4 --a --pk NB-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
    For Mac,
    sudo /Library/Application\ Support/SMART\ Technologies/activationwizard.app/Contents/MacOS/activationwizard --suid clash_notebook --m=4 --a --pk NB-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
    If you have SMART Notebook 10 SP3 or later,
    For windows,
    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\SMART Technologies\SMART Product Update\activationwizard.exe" --puid clash_notebook --m=4 --v=1 --a --pk NB-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
    For Mac,
    sudo /Library/Application\ Support/SMART\ Technologies/activationwizard.app/Contents/MacOS/activationwizard --puid clash_notebook --m=4 --v=1 --a --pk NB-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Thats the command to activate and then you can deploy this in a script to the required computers.

Thanks again

6. Thanks to ihaveaproblem from:

dhicks (18th January 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread