+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Casio at BETT in Technical; Hi all, Just a note to say if you are a fan of Casio projectors and are going to BETT ...
    Thank Post

Casio at BETT

Hi all,

Just a note to say if you are a fan of Casio projectors and are going to BETT this year then Casio will definitely have something you will want to see!

I cant say too much but I will say if you can get yourself to BETT it will be worth while (and make sure you come and see us as well!).

Hope you all have a very happy new year.

Darren

Thank Post
    I'm intrigued - is this a year late and referring to the LED bulbless projectors, or something that is potentially even better?!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Short throw laser/led projector I hope.

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mb2k01 View Post
    I'm intrigued - is this a year late and referring to the LED bulbless projectors, or something that is potentially even better?!
    If it follows the fascicle year of the Casio LED Projector then it will be about this time next year when we all start getting stock of the blasted things in anything but spazmodic supply!

My intuition tells me it will be the much hinted about Interactive LED Projector. They were the other big projector buzz last year so what's a good idea to combine the Interactive ability and the LED Projector technology, thus you have a 20,000 hour Interactive Whiteboard on any hard surface

5. Thanks to john from:

SimpleSi (1st January 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    My intuition tells me it will be the much hinted about Interactive LED Projector. They were the other big projector buzz last year so what's a good idea to combine the Interactive ability and the LED Projector technology, thus you have a 20,000 hour Interactive Whiteboard on any hard surface
    Now that could be interesting!
    I'm not at BETT this year, but will keep an eye on EduGeek!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mb2k01 View Post
    Now that could be interesting!
    I'm not at BETT this year, but will keep an eye on EduGeek!
    We will I am very sure keep you well informed and posted. My advice to you is if that is the case, get on the phone to your supplier and order it, worry about the price later, and you might be lucky and get it before Christmas 2011 hehe

A short-throw one is also a good thought Ben But the nice thing wit the Caisos is I've yet to move a mount for fitting a Casio in place of a normal LCD Projector due to the amazing optics on it. So I wouldn't find a Short Throw one that amazing or impressive I'm afraid.

Thank Post
    Although, a quick dig on the Casio site shows they launched some new model LED Laser Projectors in November, they now go brighter and have more features in the new models, if this isn't the BETT news then it would point more towards an Interactive model or a short throw one to join the product range.

Source: News - CASIO

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Although, a quick dig on the Casio site shows they launched some new model LED Laser Projectors in November, they now go brighter and have more features in the new models, if this isn't the BETT news then it would point more towards an Interactive model or a short throw one to join the product range.

Source: News - CASIO
    Weren't they the models they launched last year around BETT then had to withdraw because they couldn't get the 3000 lumens model working correctly?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfish View Post
    Weren't they the models they launched last year around BETT then had to withdraw because they couldn't get the 3000 lumens model working correctly?
    You expect me to remember a year ago or get my brochure out of the filing cabinet to look.....

I honestly cannot remember

Thank Post
    Some interesting thoughts on here.

Yes Soulfish is correct they are the models that Casio had trouble with previously which they managed to launch very late.

Obviously I have had extended talks with Casio regarding the absolute shambles of the way they launched the products last year and I can say it does seem that they have learnt their lesson.

However you need to have a decent reseller who is willing to be honest about stock etc and be in a position to offer you the products. All I saw last year with the Casio's was dealers ofering them out all over the shop and when they couldnt get them saying there were none in the UK. I think from the end of February there was a constant supply of the units in the UK to a very small number of dealers (not of all models all of the time though!).

Most dealers do not like the casio as it severely limits their potential earnings through consumable or replacement sales and often as john said there is no need to move the position of the projector. It is therefore no surprise that many did not buy into the product and as such it got such a bad press last year.

If they were to bring out any new products over the next 6 months I hve been assured that there would be much better control over them coming in to the UK.

And no its not an interactive projector (I have never seen the point of them anyway).

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,615 Times in 1,926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfish View Post
    Is this related to the issue where the laser loses its intensity after a relatively short period of time?

Thank Post
    As I have mentioned there is a lot of bad publicity pointed towards the Casio unit, and a lot of this is driven by competition as Casio hold a large number of patents that can not be copied into other machines.

I am not saying, and never have, that the Casio is a flawless piece of equipment however I genuinely believe they are adequate for the vast majority of teaching spaces. We have supplied a huge number of the casio units and have never received any complaints from any one saying the image has deteriorated. As these units have now been around for nearly a year we will be going through the process of getting feedback from schools as to their usage and their feedback on the units.

The article does seem to be very anti Casio, and as is mentioned in some of the posts below it, there is no mention of how the lumens were being measured.

I did ask when I worked for a major projector manufacturer how the lumens rating was measured and was told there are a number of ways of measuring it. As a result I have often questioned the rated lumens of many units but the bottom line is, will it do the job you require it to?

If you have a decent reseller they should be able to either demonstrate the unit in situ or arrange a loan unit for you to test to make your own decision.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread