+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Sahara Projector comes on and then no picture in Technical; Sahara Projector comes on and displays initial loading image and then does not project any image. The power light is ...

Thank Post

Sahara Projector comes on and then no picture

Sahara Projector comes on and displays initial loading image and then does not project any image. The power light is on and the fan is running, can anybody shed any light?

The projector is an orange projector with Sahara Projector written and DLP on the corner.

Any suggestions welcome

Regards

Thank Post
    Hi Mate, have you checked all the connections at the faceplate end, ie the vga connection? also are you using a video splitter at the pc end at all, if you are maybe worth checkin that its operating properly, maybe try plugging in another laptop and seeing if an image is projected or do a source search on the projector, check connections at the projector also as im presuming you have a height adjustable system so should be easy enough to lower it to a good working height to check, failing all these kind of connection checks then maybe you have a blown bulb, can you see the menu when its pressed on the remote at all?
    Cheers

Thank Post
    I would agree with hullpete we always start with a differnet laptop and a known good vga cable and plug in direct to projector. Most problems have been with faceplates, broken wires and the splitter boxes. Also if there is a reset button on projector worth a try.

Thank Post
    Hi Mate;

yes checked all cables.

When switching the projector on, the main screen with the Sahara logo comes on, the Main Desktop picture from the PC comes on for 10 seconds and then the projector bulb just switches off, leaving the Fan on and all the power switches on.

I tried plugging a Wii aswell, which worked yesterday with a picture, but today the same thing happens - with the main picture coming on and then the bulb not projecting anything.

If it is the bulb, would an initial picture project??

Thank Post
    sounds like overheating issue if the picture is there to start with then goes off , may be a protection feature of projector. just cause fan is going round does not mean its not overheating . we have had them full of dust and much thats been blocking the air flow

Thank Post
    Any ideas to rectify the problem?

Thank Post
    take it to bits and clean it compressed air or hover or both we try all ways untill we get them to work. Have even swapped bulbs with same model elsewere to prove not a bulb about to go pop.

Thank Post
    Thanks mate will give it a go

Regards

Thank Post
    from what i remember these projectors should have a cowling surrounding the projector itself, its held together with 5 screws if you take these out the cowling will come apart and the projector will be there, you should be able to maintain it from there, have you tried to reset the projector at all? thats presuming you have time to access the menu from the remote before it turns off, best bet is to take it off the boom arm, it will slide off the end if you take the orange end cap off the boom arm, just remember though you will have to realign it afterwards when you put it back on the arm, hope this helps, i think there was a thread somewhere that spoke of a thermal sensor or something like that?
    Cheers

Thank Post
    Just managed to open the casing, hoovered best as I can but same result, projector comes on for less than 10 seconds and then picture goes off, leaving the fan running. Any clues apart from looking for another similiar projector and swapping bulbs? Any help welcome.

Thank Post
    Hi its not over heating, its to quick for that, its more likely to be a faulty lamp.
    Has the projector had a new lamp since you installed it? how many hrs has it been used for a school year gives a projector that is on every day about 1000 hrs of use this means it shoulod have a new lamp around every 2 years, so is your lamp old?
    If none of the above have you ever turned off the projector with out allowing it to cool if not you could another peron have done this?
    Turning off a projector can wreck the lamp if done at the wall switch with out allowing it to cool properly first, if you are SURE none of the above has occured i ouwld next look at the ballest unit this may be faulty, you now need an engineer this can not be done any other way.

Marc
    Projector Engineer

Thank Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I wondered if you ever found out what the problem was? I have the exact same situation with the same model and only one of them so I can't easily swap the bulb with another. It seems a shame to waste the projector, but I also don't want to buy a new bulb and find out it's not that.

Thank Post
    Hi

If you have another one the same make and model try swapping the bulb over.

Richard

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread