+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Multi room Audio amplifier in Technical; Hi I have been asked to create a simple multiroom audio setup and am looking for some help with finding ...

Thank Post

Multi room Audio amplifier

Hi

I have been asked to create a simple multiroom audio setup and am looking for some help with finding the right equipment,

Basically I want to connect a PC/Laptop to an amp that has 4 outputs all going to different rooms.

I need to be able to turn each room's audio on independantly and also control the volume in each room seperatly as well as having all 1 - 4 outputs active at the same time.

Ideally I am looking for some model numbers for Amp's that may do this out of the box or alternativly if no single device can do this then what else would you suggest ?

Any help on the above would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Andy

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 830 Posts
    Dependant on your budget, check out Sonos - fantastic equipment that should easily be able to handle that

Thank Post
    Yep. This is all down to budget, Oxmoor make a range of switch/mix matrixs that will do what you need, but the price will make your eyes water. Do you want to stay in the 8ohm area, or would you concider 100V systems? You may find a wider range of kit with the latter, but it will be "proffesional" and priced accordingly!

Thank Post
    Either that or use active speakers in each room, and run the laptop output out into a 4 way line-level splitter or small mixer with the required number of outputs, going direct to each speaker.

Thank Post
    We have a large conference center that divides up into three smaller halls, we use a DSP from Biamp which does line and mic level switching to the individual zones or as one large room.

Quite expensive though.

I like the small mixer with active speakers idea too, relatively cheap and simple to install.

Thank Post
    You havn't said what this is for. Do you need it loud? As this will make a hell of a differance to what you buy. One thing to consider is cable length; how far apart are the rooms? As said budget will be the factor here as driving speakers over a 50m run say may be the killer.

Personally id attack it with the active speakers in each room way. That way you could run balanced cables to each speaker and avoid cable run considerations such as power loss and signal interferance. You could also then buy wireless speakers to avoid having to run cables at all (other than power of course)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread