+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Projector Bulbs - Newbie Question from Portugal in Technical; even before we started buying the casios. when we still on epsons we were of the opinion of buying new ...
    Thank Post
    even before we started buying the casios. when we still on epsons we were of the opinion of buying new projectors rather than replace the bulb as there wasn't much in the price difference. and at lot where still dim after changing bulb

Thank Post
    i wouldnt advise using bits of chipboard and drilling extra holes into existing projector brackets!, [advertising removed] do a range which house the casio projector perfectly and are backward compatible with a 50mm pole, plus imagine your brand new projector falling from height after being poorly and unprofessionally fixed from a piece of wood!, deffo not good practice,
    Last edited by john; 24th November 2010 at 12:37 AM. Reason: advertising removed

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide54 View Post
    casio's are around x2 the price of epsons. warranty for 5 years for education. so no costs for 5 years.

brightness is not a problem. they are brighter than epsons and more flexible in terms zooming they seem to have a better zoom range, and they even auto-keystone.
    Not true the casios are just under 2000 ANSI on the ones i have tested the Epson X8 are 2500 ANSI and a sharper image, yes the casio dont have filters to clean but they still need a deep clean every now and again as they have nothing to stop dust getting in i have seen dust ingress in these on 2 sites
    Epson come with 5 year on site and yes it does cover lamp and yes it does cover more than one lamp.

Most Epsons are auto keystone but this is not a selling point as you usually only do it once.
    marc
    Engineer

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc-Engineer View Post
    Not true the casios are just under 2000 ANSI on the ones i have tested the Epson X8 are 2500 ANSI and a sharper image, yes the casio dont have filters to clean but they still need a deep clean every now and again as they have nothing to stop dust getting in i have seen dust ingress in these on 2 sites
    Epson come with 5 year on site and yes it does cover lamp and yes it does cover more than one lamp.

Most Epsons are auto keystone but this is not a selling point as you usually only do it once.
    marc
    Engineer
    200 ANSI? I hope that's a typo. If it is a typo for 2000 ANSI, then did you use the 2500 lumens model or the 2000 lumens model?

Thank Post
    Marc, I think you're missing the point with the Casio's.

Many people comment on the image quality being not quite as sharp as other projectors or the colours not being as true and the noise being slightly more...

The point is they will last for far longer than a standard projector. The massive zoom allows you to replace most old projectors with minimal messing around with cables, brackets etc...

Schools are all pressed on their budgets, the total cost of ownership is far better on the casios especially when you take into account the energy consumption.

Are they the best quality projectors out there? No they are not. Are they adequate for the vast majority of classrooms? Yes they are.

If the school can afford them they are a great option.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenC View Post
    the total cost of ownership is far better on the casios especially when you take into account the energy consumption.
    coupled with technicians not having to change bulbs in a school with 100+ projectors freeing them up for other stuff, although changing a bulb in itself isn't the longest job in the world factor it is one of the few jobs where you physically have to visit the problem, technicians office location and projector location aren't always next to each other, for some schools even on different sites.

the massive zoom is amazing, i watched most of the world cup on one. honestly most teachers have commented on the picture quality being better. (obviously their making an unfair comparison to a 5 year old broken projector, but if their happy, whats the problem?>)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    I got an email from one of our suppliers (select technology) recently who are offering a 3000 ANSI lumens Casio which for us is worth it due to the strong sunlight:

it's pretty dear, but we tend to pay quite a lot over here anyway.

New Casio LED 3000ANSI Lumens Projectors - Lamp Free, 5 Year Warranty for Education, Maintenance Free

......stock of the 3000 ANSI Lumens Casio LED projectors

Current Price @ 959.00

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12