+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, classroom setup in Technical; If it was me I would install a workstation then connections cannot be damaged, its guaranteed that there will be ...

Thank Post
    If it was me I would install a workstation then connections cannot be damaged, its guaranteed that there will be a machine in there to work on, also there is no excuse of I cannot teach because I have left my laptop at home sort me one.

Thank Post
    I just allow our lot to plug into what they need, when they need it... everyone has a wireless laptop. I believe doubling up machines is wasteful and it's something that we cannot afford to do at the minute. I would like docking stations but again, it's a luxury that we cannot afford at the moment

@TYO: How many staff laptops do you have? Is replacing them all not an option?

Thank Post
    I'm just starting to look at a standard system to replace the hotch-potch we currently have. We currently have some staff playing vhs tapes but the players are old and unreliable and i think it would make sense to replace any "must have" vhs stuff with dvd versions played through the computer, either in-house, copyright permitting or buying the dvd version. I'm also wondering about a wireless mic. option for teachers with voice problems (we have a few here).

Thank Post
    All my classrooms (Primaries) now run with dedicated computers fro the projector/smartboard.

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    Our classrooms are geared toward distance learning and research collaboration, so the A/V systems we have include iMacs as the dedicated machine, Tandburg video conferencing codec, Blu Ray Player (don't know why but cool non the less) Doc Cam as well as space for a VGA and HDMI laptops all connected to 8x8 DVI video matrix. Outputting to either LCDs or Projectors depending on the size of the room.

All desks have goose neck mics (video conferencing) these are connected to a Biamp Audia Flex DSP, audio output is coming from ceiling and wall speakers depending on the source (one amp each). Wireless mics are installed in the lecture halls and in cases where the proff has a soft voice.

All the kit is installed in a rack at the back of each room, if anyone goes for a system like this I would have a "A/V" room and centralize per floor or area because installing a rack per room is no fun trust me

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    I'm just starting to look at a standard system to replace the hotch-potch we currently have. We currently have some staff playing vhs tapes but the players are old and unreliable and i think it would make sense to replace any "must have" vhs stuff with dvd versions played through the computer, either in-house, copyright permitting or buying the dvd version. I'm also wondering about a wireless mic. option for teachers with voice problems (we have a few here).
    Don't bother with DVD's, just rip them all to a server as WMV's and stream them. Works great in our place and never have to worry about disks or copy protection again.

Thank Post
    Laserblazer,

There are a number of voice reinforcement systems on the market and some offered as package solutions activsound etc...

I would have a look at CIE ceiling tiles, if your budget can stretch to them they are fantastic quality speakers that mimic armstrong ceiling tiles and give a superb sound field to cover a large area.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12