+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Faulty SMART Tech Unifi 35 Projector - Recommended Repairers? in Technical; I have a faulty SMART Tech Unifi 35 Projector that is 1 month out of warranty so Steljes won't help ...

Thank Post

Faulty SMART Tech Unifi 35 Projector - Recommended Repairers?

I have a faulty SMART Tech Unifi 35 Projector that is 1 month out of warranty so Steljes won't help (despite us having over 40 SMART Boards within the school!).

Can anyone personally recommend any repairers?

Many thanks,

Thank Post
    I also have a Unifi 35 Projector (likewise out of warranty) that has recently developed a really noisy cooling fan! Steljes put me in touch with Equinox (their appoved repairers) but having had experience of them in the past, I'm not keen. Does anyone know of any others in the Sout East? Or even a source of spare parts?

Thanks!

Thank Post
    I am also in the same boat, and Equinox dont appear to do on-site maintenance.

Hopefully someone out there has some good experience with a repairer.

Thank Post
    Thought I would just forewarn others who use the SMART Unifi range of projectors.
    If they go faulty outside of the standard 3 year warranty you may as well bin them!!

I sent our faulty Unifi35 to the approved repairer mentioned above and I’ve just received their quotation….

£2,500 to repair!!!

(I wasn’t sure whether to post this in the Jokes section, or if it was April 1st...)

Looks like we'll be going back to using ceiling mounted projectors with the Casio XJA-140s (with 5 Year Warranty).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MYK-IT View Post
    Thought I would just forewarn others who use the SMART Unifi range of projectors.
    If they go faulty outside of the standard 3 year warranty you may as well bin them!!

I sent our faulty Unifi35 to the approved repairer mentioned above and I’ve just received their quotation….

£2,500 to repair!!!

(I wasn’t sure whether to post this in the Jokes section, or if it was April 1st...)

Looks like we'll be going back to using ceiling mounted projectors with the Casio XJA-140s (with 5 Year Warranty).
    Thats crazy!

We ended up using a local AV company in the end to look at ours, who charged us £150 for a replacement fan and callout.

Thank Post
    I say this all the time on this site....

Go back to the reseller you bought the product from in the first place!!!!!

It really annoys me that people spend thousands of pounds with a reseller and then, when they have issues do not go back to them to ask for assistance. Even if they do not offer the service themselves surely they could look at helping you out. If your reseller can not offer you any form of advise or assistance maybe you're buying from the wrong people.

Thank Post
    The Unifi 35 is unfotunatly a DLP projector so it may not be the fan, i see a lot of these and many are not repairable due to cost.

If you want some FREE tech support you can send me your phone number as i dont think i am allowed to put mine in here, i will NOT try to sell you any products or services.

I am a projector engineer
    Marc

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc-Engineer View Post
    The Unifi 35 is unfotunatly a DLP projector so it may not be the fan, i see a lot of these and many are not repairable due to cost.

If you want some FREE tech support you can send me your phone number as i dont think i am allowed to put mine in here, i will NOT try to sell you any products or services.

I am a projector engineer
    Marc
    I am interested in contacting you as you might be able to help me with our UniFi 35 projector which has stopped working. It would appear that there is no power getting to it, and it isn't the cord or the socket.

Finding someone to take a look at it is tricky - what do you recommend?

Please PM me...

Thank Post
    Hi Marc,
    I am an electronics engineer from Grimsby (Healing) but living in Telford and I have a Unifi35 that shuts down after 10 mins.
    I am about to flash upgrade but is there anything obvious or common for these?
    Why does a DLP projector rule out the fan?
    Regards
    Tim Smith

Thank Post
    Our Unifi35 has also started playing up. After about 10 minutes it stops projecting to the Smartboard and then randomly will start up again!! As it's in the Hall this is less than ideal when we're trying to hold an Assembly or PE lesson using the board!!!!

I've cleaned the vents, upgraded the firmware and set the Timeout Option to Never. We have a laptop on CC4 connected to the board which I've set to Presenter Mode so that the laptop monitor is always on but still the problem persists!!

Our warranty also expired 6 months ago - we've been advised to contact Equinox but I don't want to go to this expense if it's not worth it.

Any ideas???

11. Thanks to melart from:

timboss (13th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Hi Mel,
    We repair most electronic equipment where I work but usually in the form of drives for motors and cnc and monitors but one of our biggest customers has sent us this unifi35 that goes off after 30 mins. I tried flashing it but not joy yet.

I have found a repairer but a bit cautious as their service cost is £85 (looks too cheap) so passed to our sub contract lady to check it out.
    If we get a good response with favourable cost will let you know the company.
    Regards
    Tim

Thank Post
    Whenever i've had problems with my Unifi-35 it's always been the lamp. The life on them is absolutely diabolical.
    I have encountered the problem with the projector turning on for short periods of time and then randomly turning itself off.

If you have another in your school, swap the lamps and see if the symptoms follow the lamp around.

I've had enough of mine, like I've said the lamp life is shocking, the colours are terrible. The integrated projectors were much better when 3M provided them, without Smart messing about with their firmware.

14. Thanks to Spuddyboy from:

timboss (13th January 2011)

Thank Post

Red face Unifi35 going off after short periods.

Thanks for the info, yes could easily be the cause as these are mercury lamps with startup variations.
    I bet they could make these lamps last for a very long time if they wanted, sounds like light bulb syndrome?
    Regards
    Tim

Thank Post
    If you read my post you will see why it is not quite as easy as it first seams to make them last longer this is an older projector and older lamp tech, please read my other post as to how they operate.
    Replacing projector bulbs

Marc
    Projetopr Engineer

Thank Post
    Thanks for your responses.

I've read the Smartboard article on how to replace the lamp - is it as easy at is seems? I'm about to order the lamp and will need to do the replacement myself. I've replaced ordinary Epson lamps before but never a Unifi - any tips?

Mel

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast