+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Recommend me a class-set of video cameras... in Technical; As an option on the Flip Ultra models, you can buy a Flip battery pack, which is the same shape ...
    Thank Post
    As an option on the Flip Ultra models, you can buy a Flip battery pack, which is the same shape as a pair of AA but will recharge through the USB port when you connect to a computer. Those are about 12 but sound like a good default thing to use, with normal AA as a backup. Since the camera will only film for 2 hours, battery life has never been an issue. H264 is a name given to a standard MPEG4 video compression H.264/MPEG-4 AVC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and is widely used because video quality is pretty good and file sizes are pretty small. It's a pretty safe bet

Thank Post
    I have a question regarding Apple Mac usage and video cameras..

We have 2 sets of flip cameras We have the FLIP ultra U1120 (black in colour) and an older version (white in colour) both are the non HD models. Since we have upgraded to iMovie 09 we seem to not be able to use the older version as they record in AVI format, these work fine on Windows.

I need to purchase some more but we dont need very high quality but need to be compatible on iMovie 09. Do all the new flip cameras 3rd generation support use on both platforms, iMovie and Moviemaker?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ranj View Post
    I have a question regarding Apple Mac usage and video cameras..

Do all the new flip cameras 3rd generation support use on both platforms, iMovie and Moviemaker?
    The new models are all HD now (720p), and all record video in h264 and audio in AAC, producing mp4 format files. Not a problem for iMovie but Movie Maker doesn't like that format (so the opposite problem to when flip used AVI!!). iorgsoft have a flip converter here DownLoad Video Converter, DVD Ripper, Flip Converter, MOD/TOD/AVCHD/M2TS/FLV/SWF/MPG Converter but I can't figure out whether the download is a full version, a trial version or what. I'm sure there are many ways of converting to format so that Movei Maker can use it. Same situation with Flip competitors like the Kodak Zi8. And I hate to have to add this but this post is my own thoughts on the matter and does not represent the official position of the company I work for. Sorry

Thank Post
    If its GCSE or lower then you can get away with things like the Samsung ES17. A stills camera that can take video to good quality + simple usb interface with easy copy/paste and no silly software.

Staff love them here, stills + video and easy so anyone can use it as its just a usb stick when plugged in (CC4 school btw). Only our media dpt has anything better really and even they say that at the moment the quality these things give out is plenty good enough for what kids are asked to do at a GCSE level.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12