+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Adobe CS5 - Problem with running as standard user in Technical; Hello, I have managed to create mis package for Adobe CS5 using their tools. It does install OK but after ...
    Thank Post

Adobe CS5 - Problem with running as standard user

Hello,

I have managed to create mis package for Adobe CS5 using their tools. It does install OK but after that no student or teacher can run it, only administrator user type. It throws error that there was a problem with licensing of the product (number 213:11).
    I can click OK and program close.

Anyone had similar problem and found a solution maybe?
    Adobe support is not really helpful as they claims it is problem with using software and for support I would have to buy a support contract - and we have not even manage to start using this suite.

Thanks in advance

Kris

UPDATE: Adobe claims that only local admins can run software, which means I would have to give students local admin rights - not to happy to do.
    Last edited by kcymer; 7th September 2010 at 03:07 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Not that useful but I use Adobe CS5 and fine were only 2 days into term but I would have expected to hear a cry if CS5 apps didn't work at all for standard locked down student users and I've yet to hear it so they must be working as I cannot imagine no-ones not used anything out of the Master Collection suite yet.

Thank Post
    Sorted now.

Becuase we are RM cc3 school, we can use ACL Detective, which records what registry changes are needed to run software. I know now that it is a permission thing. Our packages use file writeaccess.ini file for security settings for application, and for CS5 t looks like that:

[C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe]
    Everyone=0x1301BF

[C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD]
    Everyone=0x1301BF

[C:\Program Files\Adobe]
    Everyone=0x1301BF

Maybe someone will find it helpful. Adobe support is totally unhelpful

Thank Post
    I spent a good 2 hours on the phone last night to Adobe (having to ring 4 different numbers, speaking to 4 seperate call centre representatives who each kept fobbing me off onto someone else) support trying to get them to assist me with deploying CS5 across a network, not one of them could tell me about the tools which Adobe provide free of charge, and then they had the nerve to lock me out of the licensing centre and then tell me we were only licensed for 82 machines and that the license we'd bought over the summer only gave us licensing for an additional "1" machine!!

Thankfully after speaking to Pugh, who we'd bought the software from, they gave us a link to the adobe tools and confirmed the licensing was correct!! Thank god for Pugh :-)

Adobe Support = Waste of Space!

Thank Post
    Yeah, for volume licensing there is a free tool, I think it is called enterprise deployment kit or something like that, it basically creates MSI package - works well. I can't get how they can justify such a rubbish support for software that is not cheap. We usually get much better support form much smaller companies, even when software cost less than 100. I guess the answer is because they CAN.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcymer View Post
    Sorted now.

Becuase we are RM cc3 school, we can use ACL Detective, which records what registry changes are needed to run software. I know now that it is a permission thing. Our packages use file writeaccess.ini file for security settings for application, and for CS5 t looks like that:

Everyone=0x1301BF

Everyone=0x1301BF

Everyone=0x1301BF

Maybe someone will find it helpful. Adobe support is totally unhelpful
    Hi there
    We have had exactly the same problem here..but with the only difference that when we now run CS5 we are being asked to input the licence number again. As we are rolling this out to several hundred PCs this is a bit of an issue ! Did you get the same problem, and if so would you be kind enough to let me know how you got around it ?
    TIA

Thank Post

Using Standard RM CC3 Package builder machine

I have just installed and am in the process of Packaging up CS5 including the changes above to the permissions, i'll let you know how it goes.

As a last resort i have downloaded the Adobe MSI Creator app to try.

Will post my findings here.

Thank Post
    Re-raising and old thread to help future googlers like myself...

Followed advice from a bunch of threads on here now, almost got the software working.

1) Downloaded and installed the Adobe Application Manager Enterprise Edition (AAME), and used that to create .msi files from the CS5.5 discs.
    2) Used RM Application Wizard on a clean-built machine with as few software packages assigned as possible, to make sure it builds okay.
    3) Fixed the shortcuts in RMDelivery on our servers so that they get assigned for all users.
    Software would run fine as admin and as staff users on our systems, but not as student user. Gave me the 213:11 error about access to license files.
    Added this to writeaccess.ini and am currently reallocating the package, which I've heard should then work fine:

Everyone=0x1301BF
    Everyone=0x1301BF
    Everyone=0x1301BF
    I'll edit this in an hour or so with my results.

Thank Post

Any luck ?

Quote Originally Posted by shearn89 View Post
    Re-raising and old thread to help future googlers like myself...

Followed advice from a bunch of threads on here now, almost got the software working.

1) Downloaded and installed the Adobe Application Manager Enterprise Edition (AAME), and used that to create .msi files from the CS5.5 discs.
    2) Used RM Application Wizard on a clean-built machine with as few software packages assigned as possible, to make sure it builds okay.
    3) Fixed the shortcuts in RMDelivery on our servers so that they get assigned for all users.
    Software would run fine as admin and as staff users on our systems, but not as student user. Gave me the 213:11 error about access to license files.
    Added this to writeaccess.ini and am currently reallocating the package, which I've heard should then work fine:

I'll edit this in an hour or so with my results.

I'm guessing you didnt have any joy with your attempt, i've created the MSI using the adobe tool however it wont work when you then try and install it on a clean built CC3 computer. or a normal domain computer come to that.

someone must have sorted this?

Thank Post
    Sorry, this project got shunted aside while we had around 200 computers to build and replace. I tried the writeaccess.ini file specified above, and the package conflicted with the Station Security Service. I'm hoping to have another go in the next few days, and I'll try and remember to keep this updated!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cygnes View Post
    I'm guessing you didnt have any joy with your attempt, i've created the MSI using the adobe tool however it wont work when you then try and install it on a clean built CC3 computer. or a normal domain computer come to that.

someone must have sorted this?
    I couldn't get Acrobat Pro to install, but the other .msi files worked fine here. I packaged each program seperately, and then installed it onto a clean built computer with as few packages assigned as possible. Do you get any error messages or info?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shearn89 View Post
    Sorry, this project got shunted aside while we had around 200 computers to build and replace. I tried the writeaccess.ini file specified above, and the package conflicted with the Station Security Service. I'm hoping to have another go in the next few days, and I'll try and remember to keep this updated!
    Okay, so I installed the packages onto a fresh built machine for one of our general computer labs. These get a good range of software installed on them, so have no shortage of other packages. They took a while to install due to the large size of the packages, but other than that they work fine with the aforementioned writeaccess.ini rules (0x1301BF). Just tested them with a freshly made student user as well, and everything works fine.

Thank Post
    Guys - A couple of weeks ago I tried to create a CS5 .msi from the deployment tool to start to create a cc3 package, but was given that the MSI needs to be installed in slient mode. How did you get around this issue. Googled, but couldn't see how its done, if one of you kind chaps could lend a hand with pointers or a walkthrough I would be eternally grateful

Thank Post
    We are in the process of Migrating to CC4 from CC3, I'm not sure how this changes things.

However I have emailed RM to get the school involved with CS5 Trialling for CC4, apparently they are nearly ready to release it to those that have registered to trial it.

I can let you know the email address if you are interested.

it may be worth a shot since we are all having the same problems.

Cheers

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andyturpie View Post
    Guys - A couple of weeks ago I tried to create a CS5 .msi from the deployment tool to start to create a cc3 package, but was given that the MSI needs to be installed in slient mode. How did you get around this issue. Googled, but couldn't see how its done, if one of you kind chaps could lend a hand with pointers or a walkthrough I would be eternally grateful
    EDIT: misread your post, sorry. If you're at the step where you use RM Application Wizard to install the program and bundle it all up, you can execute the .msi from the command line with
    Code:
    msiexec /i installer.msi /qn
    . I then had to watch the process in task manager to tell when it had finished...

Not sure how different package management is on CC4, but I managed to get over all the problems here. Working CS5.5 packages as of today...
    Last edited by shearn89; 12th August 2011 at 02:12 PM.

16. Thanks to shearn89 from:

andyturpie (12th August 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast