+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Kaspersky Free Virus Scan to see what you AV is missing in Technical; Ok so i have been having loads of training with Kaspersky over the summer holidays (yawn) and they have shown ...
    Thank Post

Kaspersky Free Virus Scan to see what you AV is missing

Ok so i have been having loads of training with Kaspersky over the summer holidays (yawn) and they have shown me various different features as to what kaspersky has to offer,

Kaspersky is now doing a web filtering feature with there software which i thingt is a great idea...

they have also developed a feature for mobile phones so that is your phone gets stolen it can be tracked, you can even send a txt to the phone and this will delet all the information on the phone, they have made it so that if someone steals your phone and changes the sim the new number will be sent to you via email and again you can either trace the phone or deativate the phone.

What are you guys using in your schools for your AV and why? i really want a chance to show you what kaspersky does, i can also offer 3 months free on any 3 year deal over 50 users. let me know what you think and if you are interested,

Hope i havnt stepped over any boundries by adding this thread.

please have a look at this and see if your AV is missing anything
    http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/productup...pter=207716558

Mike
    Last edited by gizmo2005; 31st August 2010 at 04:35 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Did they cover the Kaspersky Rescue Disk and, if so, did they talk about licensing?

It looks incredibly useful (basically, it's a live Linux CD with Kaspersky on it but it will scan and fix a Windows machine). It seems to be aimed at the home user so I'm not sure if it's allowed to use it in education etc but if it is then I think it would be well worth having!

Alternatively, if this isn't allowed, is there a version which is available for education?

Thank Post
    have just asked about rescue disk as he didnt cover this with me, when i get a email back i will put the response on there for you to see

Thank Post
    Our LA is moving to Kaspersky in the coming months, and I'm fairly excited about it because the additional features (as compared to our current solution) seem really useful.

Thank Post
    seems like ive missed out on a deal (Darn It)

Thank Post
    We are using Kaspersky here at the college and it will definately be off our systems by March next year if not sooner. Since we have had it in it has caused no end of issues and we wont miss it.

Thank Post
    Phillock, what sort of issues are you having with kaspersky, we can offer you support and try and resolve the issues for you. concider me as a voice that has a contact at kaspersky.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo2005 View Post
    Phillock, what sort of issues are you having with kaspersky, we can offer you support and try and resolve the issues for you. concider me as a voice that has a contact at kaspersky.
    Thanks for that gizmo, i have been talking directly with Kaspersky including people at the top but have finally come to dispair of the service and given up - its more hassle than its worth

Thank Post
    not a prtoblem at all phillock. suppose its that case where not everyone will like the product, could really do with trying to get kaspersky into schools.

Thank Post
    @gizmo - are you earning commision here lol

Thank Post
    nope lol, non at all trying to generate interest 1st
    Last edited by gizmo2005; 1st September 2010 at 09:58 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srochford View Post
    Did they cover the Kaspersky Rescue Disk and, if so, did they talk about licensing?

It looks incredibly useful (basically, it's a live Linux CD with Kaspersky on it but it will scan and fix a Windows machine). It seems to be aimed at the home user so I'm not sure if it's allowed to use it in education etc but if it is then I think it would be well worth having!

Alternatively, if this isn't allowed, is there a version which is available for education?

Ok have a update for you, dont have price as of yet but can get this for you if you want, my contact at Kaspersky has told me that the rescue disk is actually included within kaspersky enterprise pace, this covers you for AV, heres some of the features included in enterprise space

Protects
    Workstations
    File servers
    Mail and groupware servers

Benefits
    Protection against viruses, Trojans and worms
    Protection for mail servers, such as Sendmail, Qmail, Postfix and Exim
    Scanning of all messages transmitted via Microsoft Exchange servers

Thank Post
    Smart Phone security

* Privacy Protection - for your eyes only
    You have exclusive control over which of your contacts and phone numbers you want to keep ‘private’. Hide and unhide phonebook entries, SMSs and call logs at the touch of a button.

* Locate a lost or stolen smartphone
    You can locate a lost or stolen smartphone using the inbuilt GPS Find function.

* Secure contacts, photos and files from unauthorized access
    You can store all your digital assets in encrypted folders and remotely block or wipe your smartphone if it’s lost or stolen.

* Block unwanted calls or SMSs
    You can filter out annoying calls and SMSs by assigning contacts to black lists and white lists.

* Parental control
    You can restrict your children’s calls and SMSs (e.g. block premium rate numbers) and keep track of their whereabouts using GPS Find.

* Protect your smartphone from malware and network attacks
    Kaspersky Mobile Security 9 provides all you need to protect your smartphone from harm, including real-time antimalware scans, automatic updates, blocking of dangerous network connections and much more.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo2005 View Post
    the rescue disk is actually included within kaspersky enterprise pace, this covers you for AV, heres some of the features included in enterprise space
    Thanks. Looks like it's a no go then.

We're not likely to change to Kaspersky any time soon - not because there's anything wrong with it (from what I've heard from others, it's pretty good) but just because the hassle of shifting > 10,000 machines to a new virus scanner when a huge number of them aren't even joined to a domain is just too much :-))

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srochford View Post
    Thanks. Looks like it's a no go then.

We're not likely to change to Kaspersky any time soon - not because there's anything wrong with it (from what I've heard from others, it's pretty good) but just because the hassle of shifting > 10,000 machines to a new virus scanner when a huge number of them aren't even joined to a domain is just too much :-))
    have just pm you

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread