+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, In-Car DVD Player in Technical; ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Blog Entries

In-Car DVD Player

After our recent jaunt to Scotland it now appears that it would be a good idea to get an in card dvd player for the kids. Never mind the glorious scenery as we went through Cumbria and Dumfries and Galloway! The calls of 'Are we there yet?' and 'How much longer' that began a mere 10 mins after we left our home are things we have no wish to put up with for much longer. There are many options, and proces vary considerably from this:

XTRONS HD702** 2x 7" In Car Headrest DVD Player Black on eBay (end time 30-Jul-10 19:48:24 BST)

A bargin at £170, but I'm not sure it will play just one film over both screens, to this:

Halfords | NextBase Click 7" DVD Player Duo

At £240 is the upper end of what I would consider. Anyway, if any of you have an in car setup you could recommend, my specs are these:

1. Must be headrest mounted
    2. Must have an SD\USB slot for external media playback
    3. Must have a headphone jack or IR headphone capability on each screen so both kids can have their own set.

Any help?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 760 Posts
    @Dos_Box:

Having experienced the "are we there yet" monotone question over the years with my children I would go for the XTRONS HD702** 2x 7" In Car Headrest DVD Player Black on eBay (end time 30-Jul-10 19:48:24 BST)

As these look very good value for money and they work independently of each other and support the wireless headphones pretty cool for the kids.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,302 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No need to stop at DVDs, if you have the screens you can pick up a slim PS2 and auto power supply for it that will play DVDs and also allow for some console gaming. As its viable to do that here I imagine that it would be realitivly easy and cheap to pick up the same kind of setup in the UK off ebay or something for a non-traumatic amount.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    @Dos_Box:

Having experienced the "are we there yet" monotone question over the years with my children I would go for the XTRONS HD702** 2x 7" In Car Headrest DVD Player Black on eBay (end time 30-Jul-10 19:48:24 BST)

As these look very good value for money and they work independently of each other and support the wireless headphones pretty cool for the kids.
    Ideally though, I'd want the kids to be watching the same film. I may contact them and see if one can act as a dumb monitor.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Aldi Had this arrive yesterday: ALDI - Sunday Special Buys 1st August 2010
    £79 With all of the features I wanted; bargin. They still have some left if you are in need of one.

Thank Post
    Just buy yourself some earplugs - its good for kids to learn how to deal with boredom. Least thats what I told myself when I drove to the south of France with a 7 year old in the back...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,643 Times in 1,466 Posts
    Have to say my kids loved watching the "telly" in the car on our way to Scotland last week and even thought I was also trying to get them to look at the great country side all we got was can we watch toy story 2.

We bought a 2 screen set from Argos the other year. They both have dvd players in them but one of them is also and output so they can both watch the same film too.

Only issue we had was that the fabia doesn't have a second rear mounted lighter socket unlike the Meriva we previously had.

Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread