+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Anyone seen this problem before? stripey projection in Technical; Hi, In the hall we have had a lovely setup installed a few months ago, but since this morning, the ...
    Thank Post

Anyone seen this problem before? stripey projection

Hi,

In the hall we have had a lovely setup installed a few months ago, but since this morning, the projector, which is only a few months old also, is projecting the screen with stripey marks. I have replaced cabling and vga splitter, but with no sucess, have never seen this problem before, so am wondering whether its simply the lamp? but as seeing as its only a few months old we'd be quite unlucky for it to be going already?

The projector is sanyo btw if this is a usual problem with that make?

Thanks

Thank Post
    I've not seen it before, but we got a call yesterday saying one of our projectors had stripes, but the cloned image on the monitor is fine. Haven't seen it yet as too busy today, but will keep an eye on this thread to see how you get on (as I may need the same advice)

Thank Post
    i know you said you changed the vga cable but did you go directly into your source to eliminate the splitter as we have had issues with splitters in the past causing image distortion on one of the outputs.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,683 Times in 1,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Can you see this striping all the time ? For example if the projector has a default image that it shows when no device attached can you still see the problem?

If not have you tried a different device? I did have an issue like this and it turned out to be a faulty graphics card.

Also have you tried to attach a device with no splitter?
    What time of splitter are you using? a powered splitter or splitter cables (these are terrible for image quality)?

Thank Post
    Can't remember if it was actual stripes or not, but the colours on the projector in our hall went strange a few months ago and we had to have it replaced (it was time-expired anyway). The company that replaced it said that it had probably overheated due to the amount of dust filling it and that would have caused the prisms to warp which distorted the colours.
    Last edited by Harlquinth; 23rd July 2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Typo

Thank Post
    I am unable to go directly into the projector as its about 40ft up, so im gonna rule out doing that on the last day, i have replaced the splitter but the problem is still there, just about to give the guys who installed it a call and see what they say, will keep you posted for those with the same issue

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenwba View Post
    I am unable to go directly into the projector as its about 40ft up, so im gonna rule out doing that on the last day, i have replaced the splitter but the problem is still there, just about to give the guys who installed it a call and see what they say, will keep you posted for those with the same issue
    If you bought the installation and projector together and it's failed after only a few months you don't need to bother. Once you've made sure it's not any of the equipment you provided or something really simple like a cable I'd just past it straight on to the suppliers.

Thank Post
    Hi the problem seems like it might be a LCD panal problem, i have seen this a number of times if its the same problem it is a resonable repair should cost around £50 but to make sure it is what i think it is do you get the stripes on the menu when no VGA is connected?

Marc
    Projector Engineer

Thank Post
    My 2c, if the striping looks like a strange refresh rate problem (flashing / strobing) your pc and the projector could be on two different power phases.

Had this in an IT room once, drove us bonkers.

Try powering both off a power extension, and see if the fault remains.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I found this on some Acer Laptops that I had around the School, It was replicated across all models regardless of where they were plugged in.

It turned out to be the refresh rate had been set to 75Hz automatically, and the problem went away when put down to 60Hz

Thank Post

Usually VGA but otherwise the projector

All good advice and don't think this is anything new but:

1 Usually VGA at some point. Try a direct link with a different VGA - need a high ladder but no need to remove projector.
    2 Unlikely but check for stripes across the Projector menu screen. If there is then the problem is the projector and you need suppliers to sort evoke warranty. BUT when I've seen this before it was on initial use and install, not after a few months.

Ring us at Lamphouse.co.uk if want more advice

Thank Post
    Don't know if this issue was solved but I have had the exact same problem with my DLP projectors, all were caused by damaged color wheels, dust and heat were the culprits.

Thank Post
    Is it a desktop or laptop? Have you tried using a different machine? (Just to eliminate everything)

Thank Post
    Well for us the stripes were showing up on the internal test patterns, after troubleshooting and process of elimination with the manufacturer we said it should be the color wheel.

The projectors are on the way back to the manufacturer for testing so I will know in a few weeks.

Thank Post
    One of the most common causes of stripes, usually scrolling down the image, is a ground loop. This is often caused by floating power supplies for laptops. For a simple test try running the laptop on batteries, if the stripes disappear, there's your problem. The fix however is not easy or cheap; it may be cheaper to replace the laptop with one that doesn't cause the problem. The difficulty here is that (so far as I know) no way to ascertain how a new one will behave in your setup without trying it!

The fix is to introduce longitudinal stop coils, probably one for each colour, but I’m still working on this one.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast