+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Does Such A Thing Exist? (Interactive display) in Technical; Originally Posted by dhicks No, having good teachers encourages children to participate in lesson activities, iPads just look like a ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dhicks View Post
    No, having good teachers encourages children to participate in lesson activities, iPads just look like a good alternative to IWB hardware.

--
    David Hicks
    Both a good and valid point, but even with the crazy demand for the it the iPad is easier to come by that good teachers at out place!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    I use several RDP apps with my iPAD and they do take a little getting used to at first
    In what way? I'm going to have limited space in my new work environment (I'm going to have to give up my monster 22" wide-screen monitor, <sigh>...), and am starting to think an iPad might be the solution. So it can handle VNC and RDP, can it handle SSH too? Can I get a docking station and attach a Mac keyboard and mouse?

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    The success of the iPad will always depend on the applications (Apps) which become available for it. I've been playing with Citrix and RDC client apps and I'm pretty impressed so far. The screen size of the iPad means that it lends itself pretty well to this sort of remote screen use. There are other Apps out there which already show the potential for this, but just aren't quite there yet (LiveView as a screen share, and the browser based Ajax client for Remote Buddy), but Citrix is so simple and so elegant that it's my favourite so far. I got a nice tingly feeling working on a full-on Photoshop session running under Windows on my iPad

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbocop View Post
    The screen size of the iPad means that it lends itself pretty well to this sort of remote screen use.
    I'm going to see how I get on with a 12" RM Tablet PC. I've got assorted bits-and-bobs for it on the way from eBay, including new spare batteries, battery charger, a solid state disk and a webcam - by the time I'm done, it should rival the iPad for functionality, and I'm pretty sure it can't be too far behind in terms of processing power. I'm going to try a couple of other Tablets with a CF card and IDE adaptor as a boot device, see how well they work running Slax or similar.

--
    David Hicks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12