+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Media Server for School in Technical; Originally Posted by localzuk That wouldn't be legal if the dvds or videos were copyright/commercial though - ie. not covered ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,302 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    That wouldn't be legal if the dvds or videos were copyright/commercial though - ie. not covered by an ERA+ license.
    Agreed, the OP did say that he was looking into the appropriate liscencing though so I was just covering the technical aspects.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Then clickview should be fine, you encode all of the DVDs to video files and add them to the library at which point each client can start playing whichever video file/DVD they want to whenever on their computers. Many of the other solutions mentioned will do this too but can be much more complicated to implement.
    According to the FAQ section of the ClickView website, there isn't an option to do on demand, but rather you need to be streaming things, so I could set up a PC that outputs video from a playlist, however the teacher would have to "tune in" at the right time for when that starts and they wouldn't have the ability to pause it etc.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,302 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aptproductions View Post
    According to the FAQ section of the ClickView website, there isn't an option to do on demand, but rather you need to be streaming things, so I could set up a PC that outputs video from a playlist, however the teacher would have to "tune in" at the right time for when that starts and they wouldn't have the ability to pause it etc.
    This is incorrect, not sure which product FAQ its off.

ClickView loads lots of different video clips into its library in divx format. This library is then accessed through a client application which lets you pick what video you want to play. When you play it it is streamed ondemand chapter by chapter from the server to the client PC, this is pausable rewindable etc.

If you want to use these resorces on a machine when it is not connected to the network there is an option in the client app to download them locally and play them from there.

I posted this information here in this same thread: Media Server for School

Just to be clear the product that I am talking about is this one: ClickView - the digital video solution for schools
    Last edited by SYNACK; 5th July 2010 at 02:55 PM. Reason: oops wrong format stated - changed from xvid to divx

4. Thanks to SYNACK from:

soveryapt (5th July 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    This is incorrect, not sure which product FAQ its off.

ClickView loads lots of different video clips into its library in divx format. This library is then accessed through a client application which lets you pick what video you want to play. When you play it it is streamed ondemand chapter by chapter from the server to the client PC, this is pausable rewindable etc.

If you want to use these resorces on a machine when it is not connected to the network there is an option in the client app to download them locally and play them from there.

I posted this information here in this same thread: Media Server for School

Just to be clear the product that I am talking about is this one: ClickView - the digital video solution for schools
    Ta for that .. the link I had was for ClickView Live .. I'll take a proper look at ClickView now ..

Thank Post
    I don't suppose anyone has a rough idea of the cost of ClickView do they (without me having to contact ClickView and then be hounded by a sales rep eager to get my sale .. lol)

EDIT:
    Scrap that .. found the pricing page .. ClickView - the digital video solution for schools

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aptproductions View Post
    there are two products:

Clickview streams stored videos from a media storage server.

Clickview live streams live TV stations from a bank of TV tuner cards.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JJonas View Post
    there are two products:

Clickview streams stored videos from a media storage server.

Clickview live streams live TV stations from a bank of TV tuner cards.
    Aye, got that now .. lol .. Cheers though!

Thank Post
    we use eStream from PlanetDV

Planet eStream v5 - The complete digital media streaming and archiving solution

We're able to :

upload content we've created
    upload DVDs from suppliers
    schedule TV recordings
    attach resources to videos e.g. PDFs, Powerpoint files etc.

Material can be tagged for Key Stages; we put 18 on for video that is only to be played by a teacher.

Content can be chaptered so that if, for example, an English teacher only wanted to show from 10:51 in thru to 12:25 on a video then they can go straight to 10:51 and stop at 12:25.

Playlists can be created.

Video can be streamed to our website, digital signage etc as single streams or sent as a multicast across the school site.

Search View
    http://www.kingsdownschool.co.uk/images/estream.jpg

EPG view
    http://www.kingsdownschool.co.uk/images/estream2.jpg
    Last edited by jdoyle; 5th July 2010 at 04:52 PM. Reason: add EPG View image

Thank Post

Clickview Live

Just to clear up some confusion - Clickview Live can stream 6 separate sources -they could be all DVDs or all TV stations or a mixture of both. The user can control (stop/start/pause etc) the DVD player from a viewing computer.

Any composite source (eg a video camera) can be plugged into the thing.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123