+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, UF-55 Projector flickering problem in Technical; Originally Posted by exim Anyone tried it, does it actually work? We use a can of air to clean this ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by exim View Post
    Anyone tried it, does it actually work?
    We use a can of air to clean this sensor, it's fixed the problem the handful of times we've had it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dankgus View Post
    That is exactly what I need. I tried doing a search but came up with nothing. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

THANKS!
    --Dan
    Here it is
    RA Smart Unifi 55/65 Retro Fit Projector Mount Kit [RA4.3-Unifi-55/65] : RA Technology, Projector mounts and cages

They do a fitting for the UF45 too.

Thank Post
    I contacted RA this morning about the projector mount. Given the exchange rate, the shipped price to the US is $242.76. Does anybody know of any less expensive alternatives?

THANKS!
    --Dan

Thank Post
    Don't know if anyone else tried the universal mount adaptor for swapping out a smart UF45 or 55 for a third party short throw projector, but I have and here is my feedback.
    I was able to utilise the existing smart IEC power cable, and even the VGA, and just cut off the unnecessary cables that are moulded in. Of course you can't use the smart ECP, but I had some pixies spare to install. Otherwise existing cables might be tight, it would be easy enough to extend or replace the cables if you need to.

I was recommended the NEC M260XS as a swap unit for both UF45 and UF55. Though it was straight forward for the UF45, this model was far from suitable as a replacement for the UF55, simply because of the lens position not being central, therefore trying to centre the projection to the board is extremely problematic due to the weight distribution. Every time you need to make a position adjustment, the whole thing pretty much needs removing and dismantling to try again in a trial and error fashion. After hours of fiddling I got it in a sorta OK position.
    All this despite RA advertising the mount as being suitable for projector or any lens alignment. Sure it has adjustments to support this in theory, but in practice it's just not feasible.

That said, the NEC M260XS is an excellent projector in itself and a massive improvement upon the original Smart units.

Bottom line, if doing this for the UF55, use a projector with a central lens.
    Last edited by exim; 7th November 2013 at 11:09 AM.

Thank Post
    I had a UF-55 with the flicker problem. Air compressor.. get it to about 65 PSI (U.S.) and take off the top cover. Don't overspin the side fan (even poke in something to keep it from spinning) and then from every side including the top center down (right by that spinning color wheel). There will be DUST.
    There are no replacements as they were not made right in the first place. You can get a heavy discounted UF70 for the UF-55 / 65 until Sept. 2014 (U.S at least)
    There are some brackets from the U.K. or I'm looking at an Epson very short throw at $1100 (US).
    I have a lot of UF-45 with the mirrors that I have to look at too..

Thank Post
    Regarding swapping out projectors: I have a mount that will allow an NEC, Epson or Casio Projector to be mounted on the SMART UF55 and UF65 booms. You can get a great updated projector with more features and a longer warranty than the SMART projectors being offered. Take a look at JDP Retro Mount Kits on the Sabaltrading site. I am the US distributor for these. See my blog post at Sabal Trading Company - Engagement Through Better Technology

As to the UF45, I recommend completely replacing it. For the price you pay for the mount and the labor to upgrade/cut/modify the boom you might as well just go with a new short throw. I have talked with many US integrator about this and it is the consensus. Sorry.

Paul Thuneman
    Sabal Trading Company

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12